Monitor Audio Gold, Silver, and Bronze opnions

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 407
Howdy. I see and hear quite the variety of opinions on this line of speakers. I am wondering what people think of them, and how they compare to other brands from people who have heard heard the Monitor audios and any other brand they wish to compare to. Any and all comments welcome.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 867
The silver and gold series are excellent speakers, although I would definitely characterize them as bright, I'd recommend pairing them with a warm sounding receiver/processor. Pioneer Elite would be a good choice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 408
Thanks! Anyone else?

Bronze Member
Username: Virtualkeith

San Francisco, CA United States

Post Number: 18
OK, I'll take a stab here. :-) I bought the Monitor Audio Silver RS 1's on a closeout sale. I agree with Kano that they are bright. I ended up with a pair of Dynaudio Focus 140's and the soft dome tweeters really did the trick for the treble, and the overall presence of the sound. (they should because they cost a lot more)
I'm still going to keep the Monitor Audio's because I think they have a really clean balanced sound, and the build quality is excellent. I'll just be using them in another room of the house.
All in all though, a great bang for my buck. Nice clean balanced sound, great build quality, but a little fatiguing in the treble after longer listening sessions.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Keith

Silver Member

Post Number: 410
Thanks. I am just trying to learn a bit more from folks about a line of speakers I know relatively little about that seems to gt a lot of discussion.

Bronze Member
Username: Gtsum

VA

Post Number: 43
Decent line of speakers...i too would say they are a bit bright, but nothing like klipsh or some others - when I auditioned em last year, they blew away my paradigm monitor 7's - not even close (MA silver series). Also auditioned the gold series...could not tell a large enough difference between the silver and gold (the gold did sound better, just not better enough) Ended up with von schweikerts - those definately sounded "better enough" for the price increase...

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1691
Shaun, which VS did you purchase?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1693
Sorry to hijack you Marc, not a lot of Von owners here.
Keep the band in time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 414
hehe. I dont mind at all. Maybe more folks will chime in on the MAs anyway.

Username: Uforia

Post Number: 2
How is the Bronze range and Monitor Audio's surround dipole speakers? One of the main reasons i am interested....

Bronze Member
Username: Angello

Post Number: 43
how hard is rs1 to drive and is it true that so little spekers has wide sounstage for its dimensions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us