Thoughts on Speaker Upgrade

JP
I currently have a Yamaha RX-V630 and a Bose Acoustimass 10 (unpowered subwoofer). I can only upgrade the speakers in pieces due to budget.

I'm thinking of upgrading in 3 steps:

1. Buy Velodyne CHT-10 to supplement Bose issues with bass

2. Buy a decent center channel speaker, and move the Bose dual-cube to rear center to give me 6.1 (thus I'd have an unmatched center with Bose dual-cube fronts)

3. Upgrade the fronts to match the center

I'd like to upgrade from the Bose, I just can't swing it in one step. Thoughts on if this would work OK?

Anonymous
Thinking of getting rid of my B&W ..email if interested

Derek
Try Energy Take 5.1 and Take 5.2. Brandsmart will sell you the pieces two at a time. Give NowHearThis and the low end Paradigms a listen. From those three manufacturers you should be able to find what you want on the cheap.

matt
You should purchase Fluance speakers, fluance.com. For upgrading speakers these will be your best selection cuz once you break these speakers in you'll never want to get rid of them. I am very pleased with the Fluance speakers I bought, their 6 1/2" drivers go all the way down to 30hz. These fronts are apart of a 5.0 sorround sound set. If you have a small room you wont need to buy a powered subwoofer to get the bass that you can feel.
Let me know how your upgrade goes.
matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us