Speaker setup

d anonymous
Unregistered guest
I have two front speakers a center speaker and two rear speakers and a subwoofer I just got two more new front speakers an i was wondering if it would mess up my stereo if i plugged two speakers in to one hole on the back of my reciever

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1514
still yes

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 764
same response from me for the millionth time...

DUH

Username: Adad

Post Number: 2
I live in an apartment. I have a very simple (2 speaker) stereo system (and an old but good Yamaha R8 receivor). further, I'm not a computer geek or gamer or anything. How can I set it up so that my stereo system and computer utilize the same speakers. Please keep in mind that I'm on a budget.
Thanks for any help

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3680
buy some RCA analog cables ($5) and connect your soundcard to your receiver's "Aux" inputs.

If your computer doesn't have a soundcard, buy this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829120103

Apparently with its Wolfson DACs and Envy chipset that's the best budget soundcard for 2-channel music going. It even comes with an optical cable! Google it for a bunch of reviews.

I might be buying one for myself soon too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3681
the above is assuming that your speakers are already connected to the receiver. If you only have PC speakers attached to the computer then you are out of luck unless your receiver has pre-outs.

Username: Adad

Post Number: 3
I currently have 2 speakers hooked up to the stereo system and 2 different speakers hooked up to the computer. Neither my stereo speakers nor the receivor accommodate RCA jacks. I was going to get a good set of speakers (for music) because all I have right now is the cheapies that came with the computer and I'd like to get the space back that the stereo system speakers take up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3684

Maybe you've misunderstood me. I'm saying, keep your stereo speakers hooked up to the receiver just the way they are right now. Just connect your PC's sound card to the receiver using RCA jacks.

I find it hard to believe that your receiver does not even have ONE set of auxilary inputs. Even my POS Sony minisystem has one set of RCA inputs.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6754
What kind of receiver is it? Or is it a big radio?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us