Home Theater Speakers

Username: Euton_l

Sunrise

Post Number: 3
Need some help. Im buying a Pioneer Elite A/V receiver. Need home theater speakers to match. Was thinking about axioms, matin logans, etc. Budget is ~$1400

All suggestions welcome. This is to watch movies.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3675
If all you're doing is movies, I'd put the bulk of your budget into the subwoofer. A Hsu or SVS especially. And for very low cost but very competent HT speakers, look at the Athena AS-B1 and C-1 from audioadvisor.com

If music is a significant part of your usage, I'd definitely include ascendacoustics.com on your list.

$1400 seems a little low for Martin Logans though unless you are only looking at a pair of mains.

Sunrise

Post Number: 4
Yea saw the athena's b4, but cant find anywhere to listen to them. In florida.

$1400 for Martin Logans its just mains.

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 65
paradigm monitor 9s

sound great and u could save urself some money or mabe some energy speakers checkem out

Bronze Member
Username: Dfantom32

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 29
you can also check on monitor 7's they're nice also or if you want studio 60's i did check those few hours ago with elite 72txv and its a nice combi also. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Pbdr

Post Number: 94
I wouls suggest looking at the Mirage OMNI series speakers. For about $1000 if you shop around you can put together a system similar to mine, with OMNI 60's for fronts and OMNI sats for center and surrounds. The remianing would go toward a sub, the SVS and HSU subs that have been mentioned are very highly thought of.

Alternatively Mirage has several home theater speaker pakages, the most popular being 5 OMNIsats and the OMNI sub, that would fit your budget.

The second option would more simple to put together, but I personally would go for previous. While it may require more shoping around to get good prices, it should be worth it to have alrger and, in my opinion, better front speakers.

In either case Mirage is known for making excellent speakers and the OMNI series are well thought of for both movies and music. I know I really like my system (same as the first above with a Wharfedale PC10 sub); music sounds great in both stereo or surround mode and movies are just like being in a theater.

I do suggest reading some reviews and trying to get a listen in somewhere before you buy anything though.

Sunrise

Post Number: 5
going with paradigm monitor 9. they do sound great with the A/V Elite. Thanks, still not sure bout sub

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 394
What is your room size?

Sunrise

Post Number: 6
11'x14' with a vaulted sloping ceiling
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help