Help to match up speakers to Yamaha home theater

Anonymous

Hey all! Heres my current setup: JVC 52" Lcos TV, Yamaha 2500 reciever, Yamaha powered sub, 4 radioshack 8" aluminum bookshelf surround speakers (dont laugh they sound GREAT for the price)... and... drumroll... across the front my 12 year old Paradigm MK7se and CC200 center channel.

It all sounds pretty good but can i get some smaller front speakers without giving up on the good sound? The paradigms are in the way kind of as they are pretty big and stick out pretty far from wall, as does the center channel. (I am considering doing away with center speaker and just using the TV's center channel speaker option, is this a bad idea??)

PLAN A: So, to sound balanced with other speakers, AND be more space efficient,what are a couple good choice?

PLAN B: if small is a bad idea, what will match up well with my Yam 2500? I am a Paradigm fan by the way. Or are the MK7's still a good speaker and leave well enuff alone?

room size- 14 x 22

mike

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2827
Leave well enough alone. If it ain't broke don't fix it and a whole bunch of other cliches. You'd have to spend good money to better what you have. The TV center speaker option ain't good. Good luck.

Anonymous

ya, as i look around at various floor speakers it seems they all are pretty similar in size... mine are about 13" deep. I was hoping to get some smaller like 6" deep, so they wouldnt stick out so far from the wall beside the TV as it kinda obstructs the walkway to the kitchen. I guess only the crappy cheapo speakers are the tall skinny ones like at Bestbuy.
A buddy is selling some Paradigm Studio 20 v3 for 400.00. Would this be a definite upgrade from my MK7se's, and will it perform well and match up well with my Yamaha rxv2500?
Sorry for all the Q's. I need help on this!!!!!

Anonymous

i just "auditioned" (i hate that term) some Paradigm Cinema 330 speakers. They sounded pretty good, i think? They didnt have the Studio 20 v.3 hooked up for me to compare however.

I like the slimline design of thje cinema 330's, and i can get 3 (one for CC) of them for $700.
Are these ok spkrs or is the studio 20' s way way better for the extra bit of money? thx in advance.
Mike

Bronze Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 96
Mike: I have to ask, why would you "think" they sounded good? Why does one of the many experts' opinion here (myself NOT incl) matter? None of them have your ears, and if they sound better than what you have, then buy them, if they don't, then you have to weigh the feng-shui factor of the paradigms with the inferior sound of the replacements...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us