Emma Gets Assaulted by AL

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 831
Well,

AL came home tonight, took one look at Emma and had his way with her, I'm afraid. Then, AL sat down in his favorite spots and told Emma to go sit in a corner and watch how a "real man" works.

Ever so politely, as she usually is, Emma left the room and sat quietly in a corner as AL did his thing, and boy, can AL do his thing.

As much as I appreciated the Emmas, it's great to have AL (Altec Lansing Stonehenge IIs) home for those of you who haven't followed my miniseries on speakers.

The ALs are simply overpowering in comparison to the Emmas and that's not the Emmas' fault, kinda like me playing golf with Tiger Woods, sometimes you just have to realize you're seriously outmatched and just enjoy getting whupped.

Needless to say, my friend was able to repair the speaker coil perfectly. No snap, no le and no pop, well, except for the wonderful tunes popping out of the ALs. These babies just fill the room and it's the most natural ("real") sound I've heard yet and yes I'm including the Vandersteens in that group along with the Paradigm 60s and 100s that I previewed in Salt Lake City.

The ALs simply love the Fisher amp and it loves them and they make beautiful music together. I'd give a review but nobody cares because you can't go out and buy these puppies and even if you could you wife wouldn't let these beasts in your house BUT as AL said to Emma before she tiptoed off, "I DON'T GIVE A RIP WHAT YOU THINK, GET OUTTA MY SPACE IE!!!"

Well sorry guys, I've got to go listen to some music: Elvis, Johnny Cash, Mozart, Diana Krall, Norah Jones, MT Choir, The Planets, Firebird Suite - so many albums so little time. LOL Dave.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3664
OK David, but remember before you let Emma go you're required by law to compare her to your Ascend 170s (with a sub of course) in your Denon setup...

Silver Member

Post Number: 832
Ed,

I will do so this weekend, I promise.

Moreover, I am seriously thinking that the Emmas and one of Tim's center channels may replace my 340c if I go to a 7.1 HT. I suspect that the front soundstage will improve, that the bass quality will be better and I won't lose much of anything on the mids and treble and overall the sound will be better. And, I'll keep the Ascends for surrounds and rears and continue to enjoy their neutral and fine sound.

Unfortunately, the wife is saying that is unlikely to happen for, at least, six months and probably a year because I've got to quit spending money on speakers and electronics, I guess. Hey, I bought her flowers for Valentine's Day, what more could she want? LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Eld

Texas

Post Number: 61
chocolate? :-)

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 794
Emma center channel coming

Silver Member

Post Number: 833
Dang,

I knew I forgot something. LOL

Somebody else said Diamonds but I could buy two pairs of Emmas for that, seems like a steep option if I'm trying to save money, right? I know she won't buy that either, :-(

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1479
Dave,

It's nice to know you got the AL fixed. I'm happy for you. Don't forget to let me know how the other audition works out.

Bronze Member
Username: Eld

Texas

Post Number: 65
What is it with diamonds? All they do is sparkle? Well, that is what I told my wife.

She nods her head and the next thing I know, we ended up with a Toyota Highlander with a nice monthly payment, oops! :-)

So diamonds might not be a bad option. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 834
Eld,

I'll remember that approach, diamonds over new $30,000 car, check. LOL

Peter, I'm supposed to meet David this Saturday so, hopefully, he remembers and it should be fun. My buddy that fixed the ALs has had a number of Klipschorns and he says great sound but it takes the right room and right set-up, claims they were a little too finicky for him.

Tim, hopefully, they'll show up about the time I can afford them and about the time I can talk my wife into moving our whole HT in to my son's old room in the basement, which would be easy to turn into a dedicated HT room with a nice projector and about a 8 or 10 foot screen.

See Eld, now that Highlander is starting to look like a pretty good deal, right? Oh I forgot, Tim isn't charging $5000 a speaker, YET?

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 797
..yet

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 980
Dave -

Did you get your act together and get Jan's disc yet?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7680

Diamonds do not depreciate nor require maintenance or repairs. Overall, however, the M.P.G. on diamonds really sucks. No idea how that compares to a Highlander; no M.P.G. champ there. Possibly the best bet is a hybrid diamond. Zirconium with a battery supply for sparkle at low speed outings.

Silver Member

Post Number: 835
Stu,

Give me a break here. I'm running as fast as I can. Short answer, NO!! I was kinda hoping Jan would take pity on me and just send it along. In exchange for which I would return something equally fun to listen to but Jan is not reading my mind like I'd hoped he would. What's wrong with him anyway, my wife can do it on rare occasions. Oh, I forgot, she's not really reading my mind, she just knows where my mind typically wonders and we're not going there, Jan.

Zirconium, brilliant, and pun intended. Cheaper and still can afford Tim's Emmas and center in time, I knew we kept you around for something, Jan. LOL

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7686

Thanks. I knew I hung around for the high brow discussions.

Gold Member
Username: Rick_b

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 1323
The M.P.G. on diamonds really sucks.............

NO KIDDING! Just ask any of my ex-wives.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us