Faint Buzzing Coming From Speakers

Username: Starbuck1105

Post Number: 4
Hello All ---

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a problem that I'm experiencing. For the last 2-3 days, I've been noticing a very faint buzzing noise coming from my computer speakers when not in use. Even if the computer is turned off, I can hear the buzzing.

I haven't added or removed any equipment to my computer or workspace, so I do not think that is accounting for the noise. I did have a party the other night and played the speakers kind of loud, but not so loud that I would think they'd be damaged.

The spakers are nothing special. Just four front/back "surround-sound" style speakers with a sub-woofer. The computer is a Dell and the speakers say Dell, but I would imagine that they were manufactured by someone else.

Also, I do not know if this is related, but it is worth mentioning. I normally leave my PC turned on 24/7. However, I shut it down for a few hours this morning and when I tried to start it up, it would not. I just had a blank screen. On my second attempt to boot, I got a message indicating that a "major error" had occurred and it gave me the URL to this site:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=d64691dd-2e13-445c-b938-9a33189ae8 b9&SID=802

I realize that the latter problem is video card related, but is it at all possible that this and the buzzing noise are symptomatic of some larger problem? Or just a coincidence?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7658

Post this in the "computers" section of the forum. You'll probably get a faster reply.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us