System audio

Bronze Member
Username: Angello

Post Number: 36
anyone who has heard them or has opinion please suscribe here.

Bronze Member
Username: Bvan

Cape Town, Copenhagen,...

Post Number: 73
what country you in?

i see them a lot here in denmark where i'm staying at the moment.

if you cant get any opinion on these, i'll be in my local store picking up a cd player next week and can ask the guys there, who's opinions i trust, what they think of s.a relative to the other brands they stock. will let you know if i find out anything.

b

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
bvan I would be grateful...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
spoke to my man at the hifi store today.

he called the s.a's dry, open and very dynamic. maybe also detailed but i cant swear to that one. he gave the impression that he didnt find them as engaging as dynaudio which he also sells and which he knows i'm familiar with.

i got the impression he wasnt that impressed with them, but he said its often a love or hate relationship with this brand. so a definite 'try before you buy' by the sound of it.

one other thing he did say was that they are not fussy about electronics, that they could for example work well with a cheap sony receiver.

hope thats some help.

cheers

b.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
ok thanks bvan. So with system audio is not so delighted as with dynaudio if I understand but s.a is good speaker anyway?
Is it true that dynaudio is an easy load depspite low rated 4ohms and 86dB? I am thniknig of dynaudio 42.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
probably good with the right electronics and room(or wrong electronics( i.e sony), but i think dynaudio is a bettter pedigree. and probably a safer bet.

the 42's and 52's are great speakers imho. i'd say as they are quite neutral, have quite smooth highs, and good bass. good on anything from dianna krall to chemical brothers to metallica.

hard to answer your other question. i'd guess they might be a bit easier than most people think considering the specs. but i wouldnt want to hook em up to a sony receiver. i've heard the 42's giving no problem to the 50w nad 320bee.

what amp you got? try google dynaudio 42 + your amp, you'll likely find someone having used that combo to good(or not) effect.

cheers

b.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Thanks again for reply. Well is big difference to me in price of course bettwen system audio sa505(hope that I suscribe correctly) and dynaudio 42. Price is a issue for me, don't laught at me. Sure maybee if I
wait more time I will probably get money to buy them. I was wondering the trinagle comete(if s.a
is good combo with bright sony amp; triangle needs warm amp to sound neutral, and result wouldn't be harsh as some may say. So if I buy them I must change my old yamaha amp which sound bright ) and kef's
iq3 , system audio sa505 and maybee epos m5 as well. I would test all mention speakers in near future. Please if you know any other speakers Bvan, anything in this price budget let me know.

O and by the way what do you think is better choice: soft tweeter or aluminium and latex tweeter. And one more: how dynaudio sound close to back wall (said less than 50cm from back wall)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
price is an issue for everyone so dont worry about that.

i think maybe my dealer meant that s.a would work well with low power electronics like sony, and not neccessarily bright electronics. by his description i would probably want to partner them with warmish electronics.

sorry, not familiar with the triangle.

i see the s.a is about $600, is that correct? one speaker i have owned and would recommend at about that price is the b&w 602s3. they are good on most types of music, detailed, image well, fairly neutral and open. they also go very low for a standmount. a bit easier to drive than dynaudio i think.

i wouldnt worry too much about tweeeter material. even though you would imagine silk giving a softer sound than aluminium, you can get bright silk dome tweeters and layed back alumium.

i'd say the dynes need about 2 feet. 50cm may be o.k. front ported speakers such as the b&w's are a bit more forgiving. there is always the foam plugs you can use on rear ported speakers if they sound boomy. also, if youre using a sub and crossing dyn's over at 80hz then bass boom will be less of a problem and 50cm would be fine i'm guessing.

you say youre thinking of changing your amp, are you running multichannel or stereo? because if youre looking for an affordable solid little amp that partners very well with dynaudio and b&w, check out the nad 320bee.

cheers

b.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
well my brother had it(602s2, the prevous model of which you mention it) and I must say they are pretty fussy about amplication. they run it with ax-592 yamaha stereo amp(which he sold his amp to me and B&W as well) I think they need far better amplication then dynaudio for example.I mean you must buy costly amp b&w to sing. Pretty fussy about room acoustic and and must have room, that is big enought to sound the best. Beside an good amp I think they need good power supply from an amp.
Yes sa505 is lillte cheaper here about 550$$ in our contry.
Thanks for suggestion anyway Bvan. Oh, My room is quite small (3.5m*3,7m) so I am skeptical about
bass hole( back or in front?)As you mention plug
but to be honest I don't know what is it. I know 42 are good speaker for all type of music but I don't know if I would pay so much money if you understood me what I mean...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
i'm not familair with the yamaha amp, possibly it is underpowered for the b&w's. they are not very easy speakers to drive but i wouldnt call them difficult either. not more than dynaudio.

but maybe you mean the sound quality of the amp? the b&w's i would say are a not warm, and they are quite revealing, so maybe you are right that they dont pair well with bright electronics. but i do maintain that an amp like the nad is a very good match power and sonically wise, and at $400 i wouldnt say its costly.

i'm not sure what you mean about the bass hole, you mean the port/hole in the speakers i was talking about? which bit you skeptical about? what you not sure what it is?

your room is pretty small and quite close to square unfortunately, but i dont think htat need be reason to shy away from the a standmount speaker like the 602. with some carefull possitioning and some d.i.y basstraps you could get probably reasonably flat and well extended bass.

i'm not trying to persuade you though. the only advice i can confidently give is to try listen to as many speakers as possible(with your electronics and preferably in your own room). though i dont know your yamaha amp my predudices might also suggest you think about an eventual upgrade of electronics to get the most out of your speakers. dont know where you live, but you might be able to pick up some second hand electronics for less than you think.

there are many many good speakers out there in your price range so be patient and take your time finding something you are really happy with.

cheers

b.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
bvan any opinions on these dyn. speakerss'?

http://www.dynaudioacoustics.com/Default.asp?Id=275

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
strangely enough, i've not heard a single thing about dynaudio pro monitors. i'm betting they are good at what they do, but i also think there must be a reason no one seems to use them hifi purposes.

dont know what the essential differences are between pro and hifi speakers appart from the active aspect and that they are typically designed for nearer field listening. maybe for desktop or very near-field hifi setup they might be good, or if you dont have space for another component?

there are articles somewhere on the internet that i've come across outlining the differences between pro and hifi speakers. try google. sorry cant be of more help

b.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us