Im a newbie.i wanna learn ><

Username: Tustsegua

Petaling jaya, Selangor Malaysia

Post Number: 1
ok im really new to these stuffs..and currently JUST started learning about sound engineering..erm..im just confused by the terms or i do not really get what it means..so i hope you pros could educate me a little..

1)what is a crossfire?
2)Basic Monitor Positioning Checks:

* Ensure that the monitors are all placed at the appropriate angle for the reproduction channel, e.g. in stereo left monitor ia at 30° from centre, etc.
* Measure the distance to the side walls and the wall behind the monitors of the left/right stereo pair and ensure they agree to within 1 centimeter. Do this for the front AND rear left/right pairs in a 5.1 surround system
* For the best stereo imaging ensure that the side walls and the front wall behind the left and right monitors are similar. If not, this may affect the response
* Ensure the furniture and equipment in the room has precise left/right symmetry
* Clear the space between you and the monitors from all unnecessary equipment, e.g. computer screens and piles of rack equipment, so that there is a clear view from all the monitors to the listening position
(taken from www.genelec.com)

erm..i dont really understand what does the word monitor means in this passage,izit a speaker or?

3)what's a battlefront?

so far..that's about it..i hope you wont be annoyed by this noob questions ><

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7628

Yes, it's a speaker. The "bafflefront" is the portion of the speaker which mounts the drivers. I didn't see the word "crossfire" but it would probably mean having the speaker's axes cross at your listening position. In other words they are pointed directly at you.

Bronze Member
Username: N8d1

Baltimore

Post Number: 30
Maybe he meant crossover? If so, a crossover is used to separate the frequencies and send them to the appropriate speaker/driver. You don't want low frequencies going to your tweeters nor do you want your high frequencies reaching your subwoofer, etc.

Username: Tustsegua

Petaling jaya, Selangor Malaysia

Post Number: 6
hmm..thanks..i think that answers my question..yeah i think its crossover..not cross fire..sorry!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us