Pioneer vs Onkyo

Warder45
After researching Home Theaters in a box for a while I came down to 2 choices, the Onkyo HTB-650 or the Pioneer HTP-725DV. I really like the features on the pioneer receiver but I heard that the speakers aren't that hot. So I was thinking about going with the pioneer receiver and adding the onkyo speaker package. But lately I've heard that there are problems with the Onkyo speakers but so far I've only read bit's and pieces, I've also heard that the pioneer speakers aren't as bad as I previously read. Unforunately no local shops carry the Pioneer HTP-725DV so I can't listen for my self, but I know that the onkyo's are pretty good for their price(I heard them at circuit city). So if anyone has heard both and could help me out, thanks. Also if the Onkyo's are better and I get them, if something's wrong(again not sure on the specifics) can I take them back? or should I have the circuit city guy text them before I buy? Thanks for any help, I've only been looking at audio equipment for a few weeks.

Anonymous
There are no problems with the onkyo speakers. The only problem is with the receiver that comes with the HTS-650. Some of them don't put out the LFE channel. If you can get one without this problem, the whole system is great!! If you just want the speakers, they are also great and do not have any problems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us