Bose Lifestyle

Username: Okiepc

Post Number: 1
HI I'm new.
I have a Bose Lifestyle Model 614810 that recently quit. The subwoofer (Acoustimass Model 2683) still feeds faint sound to the satelites, but no bass is produced. I can dissassemble it, but have never worked on audio equipment before.

The fuse checks good. The cable seems to ohm out good, but without specs, or a repair manual, I'm not 100% on that. Who can help me with basic troubleshooting? I don't have a scope, but can borrow one if necessary. I just need good instructions.

Also, does anybody know the data protocol used to communicate with the Acoustimass? I believe it's a 3 wire 2 channel audio signal, and a two wire serial connection for commands. Has someone sniffed out the protocol yet? I plan to connect it to my home automation controller once I figure this out.

I am more than willing to pioneer this information just to get this old beast running. It absolutely rocks, and I miss it.

BTW: Being the cheapskate, garage-sailing redneck that I am, the repairs should end up costing me under $50 even if it takes me a year to find all the answers.

Paul C
image/jpgUpload
Bose_Acoustimass_Opened_low_res1.jpg (61.4 k)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us