Can I bi-amp my speakers with my Yamaha reciever?

Unregistered guest
Lets say my speakers are bi-ampable - then my reciever has "discrete" circuits for speakers A and B.

Can/should I run two wires from A & B channels to the 2 inputs to my bi-ampable speakers and accomplish something good? Or have i done nothing but wasted speaker wire?

Best Regards,

Unregistered guest
I forgot to metion that my reciever is a Yamaha RX-Z9 @ 175watts per channel.

Hope that helps,

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 794
I believe the Yamaha RX-Z9 is configure with a 7 x 170 watts and 2 x 50 watts. Hence it would be theoretically possible to bi-amp 2 speakers using the 2 x 50 watt amp section. So you could bi-amp your front 2 speakers. Whether or not it improves your particular set-up only you can determine.

Beastie1
Unregistered guest
Can you tell me why I would want to use the A channel @ 170 watts then the smaller channel @ 50 watts?

Why not use the A channel and B channel @ 170 watts each?

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 796
You can't bi-amp the 170 watt/channel amps with themselves. They are linked together. You could bi-amp each 50 watt amp section with 2 170 watt sections (such as for the front two speakers). As tweeter's don't require much power you connect the 50 watt to the tweeter section and the 170 watt to the midrange/woofer section. Whether this is worth the bother is another story. If the speakers are rather inefficient it might be. If they are fairly efficient it probably is a waste of time. You would be better off using the 50 watt amp sections to drive other speakers in your domicile.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1158
And y'all don't read 'domicile' all that often, lol, gman. Good advise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us