Sub as furniture

clueless in CA
Unregistered guest
I know this must be a ridiculous question, but given limited floor space in our living room, I was wondering if you can put anything on a top of a sub, like it was a small table. I would like to replace one of my end tables with a sub and put our telepone-answering machine or lamp on top. other than some resonance would there be any problem? none of our friends have subs'so I don't have anyone to ask..does the cabinet remain relatively still--I mean our heavy speakers isolate their own waves pretty well, so why not a big heavy sub--aren't you paying for a resonance-free cabinet? thanks and apologies for any groans this may cause!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7261

It will probably be OK to put things on top of the sub. If you have problems, remove the item.

Username: Artmaster

KievUkraine

Post Number: 3
I think - it's nice idea. why not?!
now I want to make sub + central channel driver at ones. it's seems like combined box under TV.
I'm always use real marble for loudspeaker box, that's why it will be very solid and heavy.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 94
Pretty funny but my wife has a fern tree on top of my sub which is in the corner behind a chair.. Little does she know her "tree stand" is about to be upgraded lol... I'm not sure I'd use it as a table to put drinks on though, they'd be rumbled off onto the floor in no time :-)

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5341
I think that would be practical.

Hmmm, a coffe table sub, now where to hide the wires?!?

Username: Aviatorman

New York , NY USA

Post Number: 3
Glass or thin metal objects placed ontop may annoy the hell out of you when the sub is active,
and it is not a good idea to have someone's foot/kneecap near an exposed woofer.
Use it very minimally as furniture...

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 750
Something like this perhaps?
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us