Complete system

steinkea
Unregistered guest
Hi. I am new to the whole home audio thing. I have messed around with car audio before but never home. and I am looking to get something that will be pretty loud and have some bass and would really like to try and keep it under 800. but if I cant get somethign that I will be happy with for that I will spend more

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 731
Music only?
Home theater?
2 channel?
Multi-channel?

steinkea
Unregistered guest
I am not sure about the channel but i want it for music. I know really absolutly nothing so I dont even know where to start

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 733
Ok, then, how big of a room?

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 487
Im going to stick with what I know in that budget...

in a large room, I would reccomend the paradigm monitor 7's. When they have the floor spikes in, the bass is TIGHT and as deep as you could ever want. They image really well too, and have darn good mids and highs. They come in around $750 a pair.

in a smaller room, I would reccomend taking a look at the paradigm studio 20's. They may be a TAD above your price range, but they are truly an amazing speaker for the price. A standmount that has decent bass responce (haven't heard the emmas, so can't compare them there), outstanding midrande, and one of the best, if not the best, tweeters I have heard at this price point.

if you are looking for something that will go to concert level loudness, I would take a look at klipsch. Paradigm handle high volumes well, but are made for listening to music for its own sake, not for cranking. Klipsch REALLY crank if thats what you are looking for.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us