Jan: re "Tom"...

Bronze Member
Username: Praetorian

Post Number: 55
Jan, how do Tom and Velodyne DSP 12B compare to each other? They seem roughly the same price, obviously Tom is a 10in, but I prefer comparing models by price as well as category. SO I will put two 500$ subs together and see which one I like best, regardless if one in 10 and the other is 12in. You get some surprising results that way, as in bigger s not always better.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7235

MC - I have no idea how the two subs compare. I've not heard either unit. I'm a bit confused by why you require DSP in a subwoofer. How many locations in your system require DSP settings?

I know some amount of information regarding the components that go into the Tom subwoofer and their inclusion would indicate a serious product. Tim has, with the Ling and Emma so far, produced products that work at a higher sound quality point than their value oriented prices would suggest. Contact Tim and work out an audition.

Bronze Member
Username: Praetorian

Post Number: 58
Might be hard, I live in Canada... I DON'T "need" DSP, it is really a matter of it being there already. Having auditioned it, it is the best one in my immediate locale at that price range, and tbh, I do not plan on using that set-up. "Jazz" is the baseline setting and that is where it will stay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us