Great speakers but no subwoofer power source

Username: Bluecool

Post Number: 2
I can plug all my new JBL suround sound speakers to the my old Technic SAG9057, and get Dolby Digital, but my receiver has no wire plugs (+) and (-) power plugs to plug in the subwoofer? What gives?

The subwoofer has the same to gold concetors (no RCA inputs and no AC power source)..My Amp does have one RDC plug that says Sub Woofer, but I tried it with a SPLICED RCA to two raw wires, but still no sub woofer activity.

Can someone advice/feedbakc/judge?

Thanks - Jake

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4854
What kind of JBL subwoofer is it? Seems like a passive subwoofer.

If that is the case (having no RCA connectors and no power source), you are going to have to use the speaker outputs of your Technics.

Do you have any of the manuals?

Post Number: 3
Thanks berny - I think it is passive. I'm at work and can't get the model of the speakers/subwoofer right now.

So which speaker outputs do you recommend? Front or rear? Left or right? Will these outputs overload the subwoofer?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 675
Hook it up between your receiver and your fronts.

Post Number: 4
Hey,
Well the speaker set is the SCS136SI, but Best Buy gave me the wrong subwoofer. SCS136SI comes with a powered 100W subwoofer with RCA in and outs and Front L & R jacks. The subwoofer they let me walk out with (since this was an out-of-box purchase) was a lower end, passive wtih the model #SUB135P.
Urgh...going back to the store in the morning to get the powered sub that is sold with the 7.1 set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us