Help a newbie...

Username: Pygmallion

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,

I just joined the list and I'm glad I did. I've been reading some of your posts for some time and found many of your comments extremely useful. Even my wife and the pet have noticed a big improvement between our previous 'sound system' and our current one so many thanks to you all.

So here I go now asking for specific help...

I've just coupled a NAD C370 with a NAD C542 but I'm still deciding on which speakers I should upgrade to. I read on the web about a NAD C320BEE and a NAD C521BEE with the danish DALI Blue 5005 Loudspeakers ('it really sounds terrific', the website claims). Any inputs here if these speakers may be worth it with the NAD C370-C542?

I'm aware the best is to 'test it yourself' but unfortunately I can't do that. Hence I need to rely on your comments, expertise and suggestions before I provide the credit card details.

If it helps (or makes it more confusing!), I listen to any kind of music except electronic, gospel and rap. I can jump from classic music to heavy metal and in the process stay for some time either in the alternative or progressive moods so I think I'm quite 'open' in music terms (and don't forget the country and jazz!).

Don't want to start a war but if I have the choice I would play the vinyl instead of the CD so I guess this could also influence the choice of speakers. Time is also spent from time to time with a portable DAT and enjoying live recordings -of good quality- I've had the chance to tape or trade.

Any help and comments are more than welcome.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us