Do All Sub-Woofers Run Hot?

frank1203
Unregistered guest
I just had my home theater installed which included a Paradigm PW-2100 Sub-woofer. I am a creature of the 1980's 2 Channel Analog Stereo and the entire 5.1 Surround Sound is something I need to get used to. With that said - I have noticed that the Sub-woofer is running very hot to the touch and wanted to make sure that this was normal. I feel the heat only from te back dide of the speaker where the connections are. The rest of the box is not hot at all. My definition of "hot" would be that if you placed your hand on this side of the speaker, you would feel uncomfortable in about 15-20 seconds and need to remove your hand. Is this normal?. I had the units professionally installed and do not believe installation or wiring is faulty. Is what I'm experiencing normal?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2628
I owned 2 PW2100's and they do run very hot. It is normal for them. I contacted Paradigm and they were emphatic that there was nothing wrong. I also checked with other owners and shops. Rest easy your sub is functioning as it should.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us