Swans speakers

Username: Laertes

Cordova, TN United States

Post Number: 4
Is anyone truly familiar with Swans speakers?
I am narrowing down my selection of under $500 bookshelf speakers to the Swans 2.1 (No reviews), the wharfedale diamond 9.2 (amazing reviews) and the JBL E-50.
I can't listen to the Wharfedale or the Swans in my area. The JBL has a great price but the sound could be better (somewhat muddy midrange)
The Wharfedales seem to be worth buying based exclusively on the reviews but I can't find an objective review of the Swans anywhere.
So has anyone listened to the Swans?

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 372
Try this link, don't know how objective the source is

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_10_3/swans-m1-speakers-8-2003.html

The Swans are loudspeakers bult by HiVi, the company that manufactures drivers, so they're not "White-Van", they look pretty wicked, I'd love to here them?

Username: Laertes

Cordova, TN United States

Post Number: 5
Thanks Chris,
Unfortunately that review is for the M1 - $900.00/pair as opposed to $475 for the 2.1. This is the only speaker in this price range with an external tweeter and a real wood veneer, but of course I would rather sacrifice appearance for sound than vice-versa.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 373
If your in $500 range and would like real wood, consider the Alegria Audio Ling @ $389, or for a few bucks more, the Emma @ $599

These speakers from HTD are real wood too, and they're priced to move.

http://www.htd.com/clitcastsp.html

joe from akron
Unregistered guest
Chris, those htd look nice. have you heard them?

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 376
No, but I've read that they're nice. The consensus was that they needed plenty of "clean" power to get the most out of them.

They are VERY unique looking

Bronze Member
Username: T2t

Post Number: 14
I'd definately look at those older HTD, Level 4 speakers. The new Leve 3s with the ribbon tweeters didn't cut it for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us