What receiver for polk speakers ?

Username: Diverdoug123

Post Number: 1
Just purchase a pair of Polk Rti8's, CSI3 - center, PSW404 - sub. Also a panny 50" plasma with 1 hdmi port. What receiver in the $500 - $1000 range would be the best to purchase ?? TIA

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 809
I have the same speakers paired with a Harman Kardon AVR 430, would definitely recommend the HK as sounding good with Polk, but would also look at Pioneer Elite if you can find them in your price range.

Anonymous

pure digital Panasonic sa-xr55 by a mile.

Username: Tommy_jenkins

Tallahasse, FL

Post Number: 6
This must not be the same anonymous troll on the other Panny threads?

Doug, try the Yamaha RXV-1600, it will match the Polks well.

guest poster
Unregistered guest
If you are going to be listening to a lot of 2 channel music and you want your sub to be active in 2 channel mode forget Yamaha. They don't allow for this option. Polks do very well with Elite, Marantz and HK. Not that Yamaha is bad as the newer models are no longer bright but the lack of sub output is a non starter for me. For mostly movie use the Yamaha's are excellent. Check out as many as possible before buying.

Bronze Member
Username: T2t

Post Number: 13
While I have had the Polk RTi series in the past and have the Panasonic receiver now, I'd avoid using the Panny with the Polks. Try Yamaha, Pioneer, H/K, etc. They will work a bit on taming some of the treble. Now, if you thinking of the Polk LSi series, then you should be looking at separate amps to drive them beasts.

Username: Diana_vargas

Post Number: 6
hi Doug, my son and I had a great experience with the Panasonic and those Polks:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/183314.html

Username: S_jones

B.C. Canada

Post Number: 7
I must say, I am really suprised to see two threads asking for advice on what receiver would complement Polk Audio RTi8 speakers. I logged in here to ask the very same question as I bought a pair of RTi8s two weeks ago!. Before purchasing the speakers I had planned on going with a Yamaha RXV657 but was wondering if this combimnation would be too harsh. I would like to reduce the treble sound of the Polks somewhat. Would I be better off going with a HK receiver, or will the Yamaha do the job? Opinions?

Thank you kindly.

Username: Maghamir

Post Number: 9
Also try Marantz SR-7400 (which is not hursh at all). You will not be disapointed.

Unregistered guest
i am thinking of buying a divinci 2098 2000 watt reciever, havent decided on the front speakers yet but would a polk psw505 hook up to the reciever it doesnt specify a sub output, can anyone help thanks joel

Anonymous

Joel... do some research. That receiver is a scam like the white van speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us