How do these speakers look?

Username: Carter1551

Post Number: 2
Im lookin at getting these speakers, theyre on sale at frys electronics. Are these good speakers? And what should I be looking for in speakers?

http://www.outpost.com/entry?site=op:mfe010606&sku=3292811

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 763
They are probably very good for a $50 speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 828
They look like bookshelf speakers to me...

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 775
I think you might want to listen to them with electronics comparable to what you've got or buy a pair and bring them home if Fry's will let you return them.

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 371
This is a ridiculous deal. The R15s are VERY well rated. You can't buy a pair of speaker cables for $40, so what do you have to loose? I just picked up a pair for the hell of it.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7137

The R15's are an OK speaker that can easily be moved to another room or to rear surrounds (I've got a pair doing just that) when you have more cash to spend.

Username: Eld

Post Number: 4
Matt,

Thanks for the info.
I just purchased a pair of these for my computer room.

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 375
Fry's Electronics/Outpost.com got me these speakers in one day, wow! NEVER UPGRADE SHIPPING!

I plan on tinkering around with the R15s, I'm trying to learn a bit more about speaker design, so @ $20 a pop, you will not do better.

The R15 is the least expensive decent (some would say much better than decent) speaker on the market.

The R15 build quality is RE-diculous considering the price (I really can't believe they're $20), as good as speakers 5X the price! The sound is nice too; right out of the box it's a little thin on bass, but otherwise clean & pretty open, this is a speaker you can live with & can wear many hats. Considering the Athena Technology AS-B1s cost 150% more, they really have no competition in the sub-$50 range (is there even such a category?).

I've read elsewhere that the R15s are missing any acoustic dampening material, so I plan on opening them up & stuffing them with some dampening material to help tighten-up the bass a bit and maybe prevent what I perceive as a little mid-range bleed through from the front port.

Username: Eld

Post Number: 5
Just got my R15s; like Christopher M, mine were overnite without having to upgrade from regular shipping.

I must say that for $40/pair, these speakers are a HUGE bargain! Match very well my old H/K AVR55.

Thanks again Matt for keying us in to this great deal!

bayless_is_gone
Unregistered guest
Proper design would put the port in the middle of the cabinet. Physics dictates it. Go from there............
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us