Which is the right Nad (C352 or C320Bee)?

Username: Heckler

Post Number: 5
Hi there,
After my last thread "Help choosing Amp" I decided to go for the NAD Amps:
I own KEF Q55.2 speakers. I am having hard time choosing between the following amps: C320Bee and the C352
I got the chance to listen to the 320 and it was real nice. I figure out that I may not need more then 50w power (I usually don't listen to a very high level of volume) and it's enough power to drive my KEFs (or am I wrong?). However, power is not everything and there is always a matter of sheer quality. I'm not sure if the amps only differ in power output or they also differ in better design for music fidelity.

This is my first dedicated stereo amp (replacing an old AV receiver) and I'm sure I will notice great improvement either way (320 or 352).
Bottom line, I'm usually not into getting stuff more then complements my gear and needs but I also don't like getting stuff and wishing for upgrades 4 months later. I know all about the C352 awards and glory, is there a noticeable (significant) difference from the C320Bee? Which amp is right for me?

Thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Ca_convert

CardiffUK

Post Number: 170
There is a noticeable difference between the 320 and the 352. But, it really is subjective, and you may not appreciate the difference that the price differential demands, or you may hear such a vast difference that you'll take the 352 there and then (or even the 320). On the basis you cant have too much power, then i would err towards the 352 if I wasn't going to listen to them side by side before buying; however, I would never consider buying an a piece of audio gear without listening first.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 827
A noticible difference is in the ear of the listener. The 320BEE and 352 are great amps. I own a 320BEE. To me, the 352 is better than the 320. Everything the 320 does, the 352 does better. It is not an in your face difference and may not be heard immediately in a show room, but it is an overall and noticible difference. To best summarize it, I thought the 320 sounded a little thin next to the 352. That's not a knock on the 320, but a praise for the 352.

The 352 will also mate better with more demanding speakers than the 320. I don't know much about your KEF's, so this may or may not be an issue. For example, I heard the 320 with some Totem Arro's. These speakers are demanding. They showed the limits of the 320 rather quickly. It sounded good, but not great. The 352 had no problems driving them. Everything was improved on.

Which is right for you? Only you can answer that. Despite all of this, I chose the 320. My speakers (PSB Image T55) are easy to drive. My listening room is small. I also plan on moving into a bigger house down the road and will either use it as a pre-amp for a power amp, or use it in a bedroom.

In a nut shell, their are a few instances where the 320BEE is a better choice, but the 352 is a better amp overall.

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 310
Yes, I'm with Stu on this one. The 320BEE is a great amp, lovely sound for the money but the 352 makes it sound thin in comparison.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us