To Art Kyle

Arlene
Unregistered guest
Thanks for answering me re: center channel speaker. Basically, I do not know anything. I'm getting a plasma TV so now I'm getting all this advice about home theater, surround systems, etc. I do not play music very loud, I do not do gaming (my grandkids do but they are not here enough to be concerned with that.) I have the Bose accoustimass 3 (2 little speakers 50x2 and subwoofer.) By the way, the TV is a monitor so has no speakers. I bought an Oynko 815K receiver. Sooooo, that's the story Kyle. I want the TV and music to sound really good without spending more than another $500 ( the TV is expensive.) Some suggest I should get a system like Klipsch quint 2 (4 speakers and center.) Others say add 2 Mirage mini-Omnis and one for the center. Some say get center channel speaker and add 2 rears to what I have. Other suggestions...paradigm, jbl, etc. My head is spinning. Soooooo KYLE,since you were kind enough to answer me, if you could take the time to get me going in the right direction, I'd be very greatful. Thanks, Arlene

Anonymous

Art is so so cool, he da man, da man is he!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2608
You are in a bit of situation Arlene. First order of business would likely be to sell the Bose speakers. Then you must decide whether you want real speakers hanging around your house or whether you prefer a more stealth speaker package. Let me know and we will go from there.

Arlene
Unregistered guest
I'm so greatful for your advise Kyle. I will sell my Boses imediateley. I want stealth speakers that sound better with my Oynko.

arlene
Unregistered guest
If I'm starting from scratch, I think a package would work but my focus is good music sound (not rap or loud hard rock.) I like the look of the paradigm atom tower and mirage omni (little ovals). Is there anything that looks like that (contemporary) that has good sound and I can get for $500 or less? I'm willing to get part now and part later. I can't get much for the bose so can I use them somewhere until I buy all the speakers or will they just ruin whatever I get? thanks

arlene
Unregistered guest
fyi...my message is 11:08. the one above is not me. This can be confusing if someone does that... my receiver is pioneer (my mistake) I don't care whether it's a package or individual speakers... Is there a package you'd reccommend? I love a contemporary, not bulky look. Of course priority is good sound for music (not loud rock or rap or gaming) thanks kyle

Username: Arlene

Long Beach, NY USA

Post Number: 1
I registered so maybe that will help.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2612
Please call me Art, I don't feel it is polite to call folks by their last name.

There are a couple of speaker packages that maintain the contemporary look you desire. Keep in mind that they will not likely sound as good as the bulky speakers you are looking to avoid. Both of the systems that I will recommend are above your stated budget but you can usually get 10% or more off of the retail and you may get something for your Bose speakers.

1)Paradigm CT110 $800
2)Mirage Nanosat $800

Anything less really isn't worth listening to IMO.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2613
BTW the Paradigm set is better for music IMO but the Mirage may be worth investigating as well. You have a nice budget receiver. Good luck. If you any other questions feel free to ask.

Username: Arlene

Long Beach, NY USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks. I just got mixed up and thought your name was Kyle. Sorry! Thanks for the advice. I'll be checking it out this week.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us