How do i hook up a car amp and sub to my home receiver

Username: Double_r_i_225

Baton Rouge, LA US

Post Number: 2
I am trying to hook a Memphis Dual Voice Coil 12 sub to my home audio system, i have a good idea of what i am doing, but i am wondering how do i connect the remote wire up, also i am wondering how to i hook up my amp to my receiver i have a power converter so thats not my problem my problem comes in when i am hooking up my amp to the cross over and where to plug the RCA's in (where do i plug the RCA's from the cross over to the amp, and then cross over to the receiver)....if im not mis-taken wouldn't i hook the remote wire up to the cross over, along with the RCA's (the ones i need help pluggin in the right places)

Please Help!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 969
Buy a meter.

Username: Double_r_i_225

Baton Rouge, LA US

Post Number: 3
let me try and clear up what i just said.... my problem is not coming in when i am trying to get power, i understand the whole power issue, where my problem is coming in is, i cant directly hook up the Remote Wire to the Receiver like you would in a CD player Deck....so i got a cross over, and if i am not mis-taken, i hook the Remote wire from the cross over to the amp, and the power and the group.....then run from the amp the power wire and the ground wire to the converter......my problem is i dont know what RCA places i hook the amp and the cross over together, and then what RCA jack i use to plug from the cross over to the receiver...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us