Nad c 320bbe & Kef Q60

Username: Casa7

Post Number: 1
i guys

it looks like there's a lot of nad c 320bbe out there, and im one of those 2.

I listen to a lot of jazz, funk, soul and electronic music (thievery Corporation, groove armada, jazzanova etc...).

Most of the times i listen to music in low volume (volume at 8/9 o'clock.

My problem is that when im listening to very low key bass notes my speakers start rumbling
(volume at 10 o'clock or more).

Does anybody have the problem?

My system:
nad c 320bbe amp
nad 5425 CD player
Kef Q60 speakers (13 years old)

I love the sound of my speakers but when the woofers starts rumbling it takes the pleasure out of listening to music.

I've tried Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 1 speakers and the same problem happened

I've read so many reviews about B&W 602s3 and im quite tempted to buy ones.

My question for all those that heard the
Nad 320 x B&W 602s3 combination:

Can you crank up the volume without distortion from your speakers?

How much?

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 125
I run 602's with NAD C542 and C162/272. Can play as loud as my ears can stand with no distortion. Nad & 602's play well together imho, but we all have different ears.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 958
As loud as you can stand is a rather broad description indeed, MR, but considering the gear involved, I would say Rolls Royce"sufficient"

The 602's I auditioned last really liked power, and delivered.

Nice.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 126
Nuck

When I say as loud as my ears can stand it, I am talking about ears approaching the mid fifties, more youthful ears may take more punishment, but every speaker has its limits. One must remember the 602's are rated at 125wpc on an unclipped program. I don't know what Carlos's Kef's are rated but it appears to me either his amp or speakers are clipping or his speakers are in dire need of repair/replacement.

Username: Casa7

Post Number: 3
my KEF q60 speakers can handle 100w each and are aprox. the same size as the b&w's and have a 8 inch woofer.
the problem is that they are very old and i used them very much.

my question was if the B&W could stand a lot of volume without distortion and acording to My Rantz it seems they do.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2594
Sounds like the NAD amp doesn't have the grunt for those speakers. I'm not sure that I would run a 320 with electronica. Try inserting an amp with more current into the system and see what happens. If you already tried other speakers with the same result perhaps it's time to try something else.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us