Maximizing my budget for Def Tech's

Mr. Goodbar
Unregistered guest
Hey again everyone. I've decided I want to go with Definitive Technology for my home theater speakers because I've heard and want the effect of the bi-polar soundfield. I posed the question before about getting the 7006 towers with the built-in subs vs. getting some other front speakers and a dedicated sub. I have also decided that I would much prefer a separate sub to give me the better bass extension.

That being said. I am looking for ways to maximize my setup for my budget. I ultimately would like to keep everything (speakers and sub) to less than $2000. Right now the setup I am looking at would be:

BP8B - Fronts
C/L/R 2002 - Center
BP2X - Rears

I would like to go with a Velodyne sub as I am uncomfortable purchasing online and prefer having a dealer I can go back to in case I need to. Plus, I can get a 15% discount at the dealer. What I would like to know is:

Can I save money but not lose much quality by going with different Center or Surround speakers (i.e. - ProCenter C2, BP 1.2X)?
What is a good Velodyne sub I could get to keep me in my range?

I'm basically looking for a good arrangement that will keep me in my budget. Any help would be much appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us