Klipsch RW12 -Sub 12- or dayton 12 titanic

Username: Firedawg24

Post Number: 7
Simple question, which sub to use? The room is 14x28 3 walls other is open to house, tile on concrete floor, upgrading to wood in near future, and will be mainly used for HT.
I already have Klipsch chorus/KG for surrounds and am using a Yamaha HTR 5890 to drive them.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Bronze Member
Username: Divin11112000

Michigan

Post Number: 59
I considered the RW12 (I have RF35 system) and the RW12 is the one that "goes" with the package. I was told by my dealer that the RSW10 would beat out the RW12. I didn't like the 10, so went for the RSW12 and ended up with the RSW15. I'd suggest the RSW model if your going to go with a Klipsch sub (I love my RSW15, goes pretty deep, and doesn't seem to get "muddy").
I have a 13 x 15 living room with one entire wall open to the kitchen, carpeted floors.
If it's mostly for movies, I've heard SVS subs go real deep, which is more what you'll probably want for movies, but I have no experience with them.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 753
It really depends on your budget. You'll probably get more bang and performance for your money buying a self-powered subwoofer from HSU, SVS, or Outlaw Audio. They are all online manufacturers and sellers (the Outlaws were designed by HSU and Outlaw engineers) and all have at least a 30 day return policy.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1467
I have a Klipsch heritage setup and I'm happy with a Hsu STF-3 sub. I've heard good things about the Dayton Titanic 15 on the Klipsch forums. I'd probably shy away from the Klipsch RW12 myself. I don't think the RW series is close to the RSW in quality, and I think you'd get more value going with Dayton Titanic or Hsu.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7244

http://www.us.alegriaaudio.com/Tom%20Subwoofer.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us