Dali

Username: Bfisherpe

Denver, CO

Post Number: 1
Has anybody heard anything from the new Dali Ikon line? Particularly the Ikon 6? I see that What HiFi gave them 5 stars recently.

surrealistix
Unregistered guest
I heard the Dali Ikon 6 yesterday.

They sounded very good. However, the trouble is I heard the B&W DM603 S3 and Monitor Audio Silver 6 and both sounded very good as well.

At this point, I am wondering how can a Newbee to Hi-Fi ever figure out the subtle differences between these speakers?

I am struggling to decide between the Dali Ikon 6, MA Silver RS6, B&W DM 603 S3

surrealistix
Unregistered guest
I heard the Dali Ikon 6 yesterday.

They sounded very good. However, the trouble is I heard the B&W DM603 S3 and Monitor Audio Silver 6 and both sounded very good as well.

At this point, I am wondering how can a Newbee to Hi-Fi ever figure out the subtle differences between these speakers?

I am struggling to decide between the Dali Ikon 6, MA Silver RS6, B&W DM 603 S3

Username: Nabwong

Post Number: 7
How do they compare with the suite line?

Bronze Member
Username: Bcollins

Rockport, MA United States

Post Number: 44
I listened to the Dali Ikon 6 extensively over the weekend. Well balanced, extremely tight, quick & controled. Slightly bright, but not in an irritating way. No bloom or boom to the bass at all. A little lean sounding if compared to some others, but pretty good overall.
Bill

Username: Newtohifi

OsloNorway

Post Number: 1
Hi! I'm having the same problem: I have listened to both Dali ikon 6 and B&W 603 S3. They are quite similar in price and effect, however, they sound very differently.
My first observation was: You can _not_ use NAD or Denon with the Dali Ikon. Its just too much. Of everything. Then I tried it with Thule A100, which sounded very warm and nice. If I should choose the Dali's, I would totally recommand this! And if you can afford it, go for the balanced receiver and the balanced cd player.
But - I kind of like the B&W's very good, too. The bass is very load and present, the sound is distinct, though not so much midrange as the Ikon 6. So - the B&W's are the "fun" speakers, play disco, play rock'n roll, and play it loud. The Dali Ikon is the speaker for the mature listener. Which I am currently not, but absolutely should be. Any thoughts?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us