Speakers for NAD CD Player/Amplifier

Username: Summers

Post Number: 5
I've just bought a NAD C521BEE CD Player & NAD C320BEE Amplifier, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to a decent pair of speakers to go with this system (my current speakers are 15 years old). I have a large room, but my listening space is restricted to a quarter of the room.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 109
I have a NAD C542 with C162/272 pre & power amps driving B&W 602S3's and together they make beautiful music. However, all our ears seem to like different or similar sound so auditioning different speakers for yourself will be the only way to make the right decision. Good luck

Username: Nabwong

Post Number: 4
I'm championing the Dali Suite 2.8. I have the Nad c320bee and they sound excellent together. I previously had the dm602 and the Dali sounds a lot better, especially cos they have better bass extension.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3510
The Ascend 340SEs would probably go nicely with the NAD.

ascendacoustics.com

(the SEs are coming out in mid-January, so you'll have to read about them in the Ascend forum for now)

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 325
Yes, it's true...all ears have their preferences. I think my Athena AS-F2s, NAD C370 Integrated & NAD C542 CD make a fine combination.

happynad
Unregistered guest
I've got the exact components paired to Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s (Black Ash). Sweet, sweet sound! The colour even matches NAD's grey shade. I run QED Original BiWire MkII to the speakers and QED QUNEX 1 Interconnect.

The whole system cost around AU$1200. I'm totally satisfied with my deal. I picked all the components from different shops and I believe I've got the best deal by doing so. In fact, the total system should've costed over AU$1500.

All in all, I consider this a perfect buy for my first foray into a proper 'hi-fi'. The system sounds so good I intent to keep it for at least 5 years before doing an upgrade.

I believe these speakers (Diamond 9.1) would suffice for you but if you want to fill the whole room then go straight for the KEF iQ5.

Silver Member
Username: Ca_convert

CardiffUK

Post Number: 187
Speakers are so different from each other sonically, then you really must listen before you buy, far more so than any other component in the chain. These recommendation can only guide you making a shortlist
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us