Good speaker match for Rotel RX-1052

Username: Virtualkeith

San Francisco, CA United States

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I have a Rotel RX-1052 receiver, (100 WPC) and am looking for a good set of bookshelf speakers. I've heard Totems and Dynaudios, and am leaning towards the Dyns. I've heard the Audience series, and the Contour SR (small and would definitely require a sub, but midrange is awesome). Does anyone know if my receiver would be able to drive any of the Focus series (110 or 140) or any of the other Contour series bookshelves?
Any reply would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Bronze Member
Username: Idealconcepts

Sacramento, CALI USA

Post Number: 15
I have heard the Paradigm is a good match for Rotel Products, you could try the Monitor 5s or more money the Studio 20s (I believe that is the correct model). Listen to both first and others before you make a decision. I run a Rotel Amp RMB1075 with a Rotel Processor RSP1066 with my Paradigm CC370 Center and 4x Paradigm Monitor 9's.

Username: Virtualkeith

San Francisco, CA United States

Post Number: 2
Thanks J.R.T. I haven't heard Paradigm's yet. I don't even know that I've seen them around. I'll look them up online and see if there are local dealers.
I am new to higher end stereo shopping. I've always had a Yamaha R8 receiver with Infinity RS 500 speakers. They did the job well, but one day years ago I walked into a store and was stopped dead in my tracks by a set of bookshelf speakers that sounded like it was definitely NOT coming out of boxes. They were dynaudios and were about $2500 a pair. At that time, the thought of spending that on speakers was insane to me. I know that I still am not budgeting for them, especially because there's only so much speaker you can push with the 100 wpc that I have from my receiver.
Again, thanks for your input.

Regards.
Keith

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 322
I have a Rotel RX-1052. The manual says that it can handle a minimum 4 Ohm load so the Dynaudios should be fine as long as your not going to run a second set of speakers along with them. I am currently using Energy C-3s which are not that efficient but still can get to very loud levels with the Rotel.

Your stereo shop should let you return the speakers if you don't like them once you get them home. Ask about their return policy before you make your purchase.

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 323
You might check out B&W speakers too.

www.bwspeakers.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us