Speakers help under $4k

Befuddle
Unregistered guest
Hello everyone,

Looking for suggestions and advice for a pair of speakers under $4k, will add a sub later if necessary.

I'm debating on the Dynaudio Focus 220, PSB Goldie, JMlab 826S and the Revel F32. Favoring speaker on the warmer side like the Focus 220.

Any advice or recommendation regarding these speakers or any other brands? Thanks for the help.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 79
If your spending 4 grand, look at the Aerial acousics LR5s. JMO, as I have the 9s.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1109
Befuddle,

The Dynaudio FOCUS 220 is a fine speaker and, like you say, it's a touch on the warm side. A sub is not really required except for really deep bass. Not the easiest to drive so I hope you will mate with suitable electronics which need to be very clean and fast with good control.

You mention the Focal JmLab 826S. Why not consider the Profile 918? This is in the next range up and should be a similar price to the FOCUS 220. Far superior to the 826S.

Also for not much more money, (well, not much by some standards) there's the brand new 1007be standmount which is a fantastic speaker indeed! It's faster, more engaging, beautifully built and has that amazing beryllium tweeter. Real class.

Other models around this money would include:

Totem Hawk or Forest (brilliant little floorstanders with more depth than you'd credit)

Wilson benesch ARC

Regards,
Frank.

Befuddle
Unregistered guest
Thanks guys.

I'll definitely look into all the speakers you have recommended.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us