Amp/preamp question

johnny_uk
Unregistered guest
hi, i have a cambridge audio a5 amp with the pm01 preamp fitted- have all connections right but when i connect the turntable to the aux input nothing happens but if i connect to any other inout- cd, tuner- i get sound but not very much-and thats as far as my knowledge stretches!!! im guessing theres aproblem with the preamp but cant understand why i get an output when turntable is connected to another input- is that soemthing that would happen even without the preamp in there? hope i have explained this adequately
thanks

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 104
Your amp needs a phono section. If it has no phono inputs, you will need a phono pre-amp. Try the Phono thread for info.

johnny_uk
Unregistered guest
thanks, the preamp i have is specifcally for a turntable to be connected to the amp- "This phono stage is compatible with all Cambridge Audio and Ariston amplifiers. Should you need to add a turntable to your amplifier the PM01 will enable you to do this." is it most likely to be a phono or amp problem do you think? dealer i got it from not open for a few days yet and i want my vinyl on now!!!

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 105
Sorry, I didn't realise the PM01 was a phono preamp. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge on this subject can help you. Posting your problem on the Phono section may bring more help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us