Outlaw Model 2200 M-Block

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2487
I'm waiting for DHL to deliver my new M-Block which I intend to use for the center channel in my HT setup. Anyone with any experience with this amp or it's predecessor the 200 that you would care to share.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 775
Art, I heard a big buck setup with Outlaw mono's driving Magnapans, a few years back.
Oy!
He said he couldnt get enough power from his Brystons(don't know which), but the Outlaws sure powered the Magnapans!

Like stand back type power.The amps are rated to 2 ohm, and the Mags went there and then some.

Hold on tight Art.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2493
Nuck, I think that amp probably could drive Maggies well.

I received the amp yesterday and oh my does it deliver the goods for the HT. I don't think that I would buy one for music as it is a bit cooler in nature than I like for music. However for movies I give it an unqualified thumbs up.

It has all the power I need for my HT. Dialogue through the center is clean and articulate. I bought it because the center powered by the receiver didn't have the same snap as the fronts. Dialogue was clear but seemed to lack the same speed of delivery as the fronts. With the Outlaw that problem is solved. I am going to comment on it more after it runs in a bit longer.

Ofcourse being an audio junkie I'm wishing I had 2 more for the rears. Maybe next Xmas as the wife gave me a look as this was being delivered yesterday. She does like the sound however.

Watched U2 goes home to Slane Castle first and OMG it was awesome.

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 791
Beautiful, Art.
Those babies deliver in spades!

What cables did you use to run to the momo?
Is it close enough that you ran speaker cable to the center?
Just wondered, the setup I heard had a combination of both, speaker wire to the fronts, and the center/rears had the amps mounted at the speakers themselves.

Peace

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 792
Double check on the price, Art?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2496
I used a custom interconnect by Jim Ott at Northwest Audio Labs in Corvallis, Oregon. Yes I run a speaker wire to the center and interconnect to the center pre out on the AVR. The Model 2200 M-Block was $325 plus shipping. Truly a bargain!

Tonight we'll be watching childrens movies with my wife's grandaughter (I love her too). Lots of fun to had in the Kyle home today.

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 803
Right then Art!

Thanks for the feedback, does the custom job entail anything special, or simply paying attention to details?

Time with the little ones=priceless!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2503
The custom cable is just some JSC Wire & Cable Mini 8/U Type #3060 with special ends. He then puts them on a his speedburner for a couple of days and "voila" good sounding inexpensive cables.

"Time with the little ones=priceless!"

Indeed!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4591
Hello Art,
How are those Outlaw Audio M-blocks coming along? Have you given thought to purchasing at least 4 more units?:-)

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2534
Hi Berny, I only have one M-Block and it is working quite well as a center channel amp. It doesn't sound as good as my Hafler so I wouldn't buy any more for my fronts. Perhaps for the rears if I ever go to a pre/pro for multichannel.

I believe that the Outlaw M-Block is a fine amplifier especially give its meager price. I don't believe that the sound would meet my needs for muisc.

I would love to hear them driving Maggies though. I believe that would be a good match.

I still have much more listening to do before I really make up my mind with them. Last weekend had family in the home and didn't have time to do as much listening as I would like to have.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us