Speaker to 640a

Username: Joel676

Post Number: 1
ive just got a cambridge azur 640a amp and bought some speaker cable with plugs (qed)Tested it out now and the plugs don't seem to fit into the amplifier.am i missing someting or do they just not fit.. I read somewhere that plugs will fit but you need to take things out/off. ANy help would be appreciated Joel

Bronze Member
Username: Musicluvr

Post Number: 23
Are your cables terminated with banana plugs? If they are, sometimes the banana plug jacks on the amp may have small plastic covers over the ends that need to be removed so that the banana plugs will fit.

Unplug your amp, and use some needle nose pliers to pull the caps off the ends. The diameter of the jacks should be just right to fit the banana plugs which would slide right into the jacks.

Post Number: 3
no i unscrew a large gap and the is a hole.unfortunatly the plugs dont fit.I think they are banana plugs

Bronze Member
Username: Musicluvr

Post Number: 24
I think I am trying to describe what could be told better with some pictures. The first picture shows some examples of banana plugs. If your speaker cable ends resemble any of these, then we are on the same page.
Upload
The second picture is an example of some typical binding posts. These happen to be the posts on one of my speakers, but your 640A has binding posts like this on the back. I know because I took a look at the rear panel of your unit at:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/imageviewer.asp?sku=CAMB640A

In the photo I'm about to remove the small platic cap on the end of the binding post with some pliers.
Upload
The third photo shows the binding posts after the caps have been removed.
Upload

Finally, the fourth photo shows the binding posts with cables attatched. You can also see the little end caps sitting on the table next to the pliers.

Upload

Post Number: 4
cheers.problem solved.Manual didn't mention a thing bout that.thanks again

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 629
well done ctanaka!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts