Breaking period

ererererer
Unregistered guest
What is the minimum recomended breaking period for Nautilus 805 ?

What are the main improvements i will notice comparing before and after breaking?

Thanks a lot

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6825

It's a "break in" period. Let's hope you do not engage in a breaking period since the sound you would hear when completed would be

Bronze Member
Username: Eieiei0101x

Post Number: 77
Ok, got it, fool me, anyone can help answering the Q?

Thanks a lot

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6827

Run the speakers for a minimum of 48 hrs. The sound will become less congested and more dynamic. The improvement is most noticeable with the larger drivers being the most affected. Clarity of the system will generally improve throughout the break in period.

ererererer
Unregistered guest
Will bass response or presence improve?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 20
IMO overall dynamics, and soundstage improves dramatically. I just purchased some aerial acoustics model 9s, and have had them for about 2 weeks, they "open" up noticeably after about 4 days continuously running. I did increase bass volume when I was going to be gone, as it seems to me that the drivers, not the tweeter, is where youll notice most of the change. Even now after 2 weeks of continious playing them, just today I was able to notice an increase in soundstage. Thats my experience, Im no pro audio tech, but as a listener you will notice the difference, in a good way. Dave

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6834

"Will bass response or presence improve?"

Sorry, those terms mean too many things to too many people for a blanket statement of yes, or no. In general, the sound will improve in most areas. The largest drivers take the longest time period to "break in" the suspension parts. Bass response will improve but frequency response will not change appreciably. After the speakers are settled in, it is best to experiment with placement to get further gains in imaging, soundstaging and bass response.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us