Bookshelfs or monitors for a small bedroom?

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 203
Not 2 years ago I was completely illiterate in the hi-fi area. I've done a lot of research and looking about and now I want to buy some speakers to be used with my computer. Consider, I listen to rock and metal with a lot of detail.
I've read superb reviews on the wharfedale diamond 9.1s and appauling reviews so I dont know about these anymore. Apparently the diamond 8.1s are as good (apart from the bass extension) and theres £115 price difference! The amp will likely be the integrated NADC320bee if i choose bookshelfs. I've heard the 8.1s and I thought they sounded open and bright but a couple of days ago I heard some 8.1 pro actives-wow!! These have an amazing soundstage but i did notice a lack in bass. Price for them is £180 which is good for me! The nad amp itself would cost that aswell as the diamonds costing a further £180. A third option, the Monitor Audio Bronze B2. Apparently much better than the diamond 9.1s and a great match for the NadC320bee.
Can anyone sugguest what would be best way to go?
Remember my room is very small and I'll be very close to the speakers making me think the pro actives would be better for their great soundstage. I very nearly bought the 8.1 pro actives but what put me off is the volume control being hard to access. An amp would sort this. Also note my soundcard is an e-mu 0404
Sorry for the longwinded story.
Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us