Anyone heard the focal sat/sub system at Tweeter

Anonymous

I guess the satellites are called sib and the sub is a cub 2. They are $400.00 off. I heard music playing through a Yamaha 2600 through these and they seemed to sound excellent.

I was wondering if anyone has an opinion as to how they stack up against competing systems?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2388
If they sound excellent to you that's what matters. What we say is moot. Focal is a company with a great reputation for making quality products. Usually you can do better by buying speakers seprately than in a pcakage but if it meets your needs that's what's important.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6818

While the temptation to save some money is always a motivating factor in a purchase, buying speakers based on how much discount you can receive is normally not the wisest course of action. If these are speakers you think you will own for several years, then the dollars saved might prove to be pennies over the life span of the speakers. If these are speakers you you think you will own for many years, buy what sounds the most like music to your tastes and do not be concerned as much with the deal you get today. Quite often there is a good reason a product will be priced to move. That said, Focal has a good reputation, as Art has pointed out.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 835
I like the sound of bigger speakers than sibs - at least 5 inch woofers.

And there are many better amps than Yamaha - if you want real good sounds in your room.

Visit a audio specialty store, and you will be pleasantly surprised. Try to hear amps like NAD 320bee - better than Yamaha for sure, with a NAD Cd player 542.

In speakers, something like Paradigm studio 20 will do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us