Polk Audio FXi3 for stand-alone stereo speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Uncle_rico

Post Number: 11
Hi all, i posted this in a previous thread but that one was getting pretty long, so i thought i'd start a new one. anyone try the Polk Audio FXi3 speakers? i know they're meant for home theatre, but i thought they sounded great on their own as two main stereo speakers when i gave them a listen at my local electronics store. am i nuts for liking them over, say, the athena 2.2's or JBL e80's?

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 765
You're only crazy if you let someone else tell you what sounds better. I think most here would prefer the Athena's, but you're not most people. It's your ears and money. Buy what sounds best to you and only you.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 92
If you liked the sound of those then you might want to look at the RTi polk line.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
good point Stu, it makes sense to just go for what sounds good to me. as i replied in my other thread, i guess i was concerned that the rear surround speakers would be overly stressed if they were doing main speaker duty in my system, but that seems unlikely. Paul, I actually listened to the RTi's in the same sound room and still found the FXi's to be more to my liking. thanks again for the feedback.

UR

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
good point Stu, it does make sense to just go for what sounds good to me. as i replied in my other thread, i guess i was concerned that the rear surround speakers would be overly stressed if they were doing main speaker duty in my system, but that seems unlikely. Paul, I actually listened to the RTi's in the same sound room and still found the FXi's to be more to my liking. thanks again for the feedback.

UR
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us