Geting more out my speakers

Username: Nik3

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
need help i got a pair of sony ss-mf750 towers and am happy with the sound but want more i know that clean power would help but i was also wondering if i wired them internaly with monster thx if it would give more clean sound ??? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 656
No.

Bronze Member
Username: Patnshan

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 17
Get new speakers if you want more. There is not much you can do with those speakers.

The monster people would be willing to SELL you some wire to try it:D

Pat

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 536
Tim is todays MOFW.

And correct.(as usual)

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 3
thanks am just seeing if that would bring any more out the speakers very happey with my $ to me in the store they sound ok and they did sound like they were better then the jbl e60s i liked them so i got them they sounded even better at home not looking for new ones do to am not rich, but any other ways to get even more out them? clean power better wire use n thx 16 gage monster, i was also thinking about a better amp. i got a onkyo htr 320 the plane was to get an in box system and later on up grade the speakers so thats what i did i just got the new xbox 360 and realy only play that its optaical input 5.1 and am runing out of inputs as well so i was thinking about the amp also the sonys on a digatal signal are able to tax out the onkyo and win i play for over 2hours the protector kicks in called up onkyo and the said to much strain on the amp at long peirods i think i need a new one i was thinking about the pionner vsx 1015 i heard there one of the best of 05 and not so much money

Anonymous

I beg to differ. Rewiring, in my experience, might help with less expensive speakers. Those outfits cut corners on anything they can to increase profits. But while you're at it, why not put in a set of new drivers. You can get some nice ones at zalytron.com. They also sell crossovers. You might also want to improve the internal sound insulation material while you have them open. And perhaps add some internal bracing. And of course, if you want to go all out, Zalytron also sells cabinets.
Hope this helps.

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 548
So, basically, zalytron sells drivers, insulation, crossovers an cases.

Sounds like the old joke about the farmer.
'Best axe I ever had, replaced the handle 4 times and the head twice, best axe I ever had.'

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6792

Anon must be Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 503
Which begs the old philosophical question about the boy who over the years replaces pieces of wood on his boat so that after so many years all the pieces have been replaced. Is it still the same boat?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4396
Must be why it chose to be anonymous.
Reminds me of that Richard fella, the tweaking madman who likes to freeze things.

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 7
ya i agree i dont think i need to get better woofers and through off the mids and highs i think i just need either better amp or a clean power and better wire win i get it i got a 100ft role of monster thx 16gage wire and have never realy red lined the speakers and have not had them that long and i no there not broke in i got some carpit spikes but have not put them on my dad told me it could help a bit and thats win i got the idea of puting larger wire in them win i looked in at the guts of the speakers and noticed that the wire was 18gage cheep wire. although am very happey with the speakers i want to get them as close to great as i can i think the amp is not great onkyo htr 320 from a in box system that was my plain not alot of money out there for me to spend so that was what i did big up grade from the in box onkyo speakers and was thinking about a sub under 300 i was thinking about the velodyen vx-10 you guys think that would be a good bed roome set?

Anonymous

Whatve ya gotta loose?
I had some onkyo speakers and replaced the internal wires fer the same reasons. And they did sound better.
Go fer it!

Bronze Member

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 17
today i removed the stock insaltion in the sonys
the minit i played them there was a big diffence in bass response i notice that is was signifently tighter i took the insaltion from my older va-3s much higher qwality then the 750s with better inslation made of some type of black stuff were as the 750s had stuff you would find in pillows there was one thing i did right way better no just from that, i think am going to go ahead and rewire the intrneal wires with much better thx wire the guy at best buy told me its like trying to run a river through a small tupe. i also went to good guys and since they were selling all there stuff for much less do to the change in the store moving to comp usa i hear i ask him the same ? and what he told me is yes the river through the tupe is a good way to explane that and to me if its like runing a river through a tupe and if i get larger wire it helps that river flow better and win that river gets to the speakers its like hiting a dam. and i think am going to go ahead and re wire the speakers and see if it helps i think there is no harm in it.

Bronze Member
Username: Raj_p

Evanston, IL USA

Post Number: 35
oh my god.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6814

And so the answer is; a river runs through it!

Bronze Member
Username: 2morex

Exmore, Virginia USA

Post Number: 39
Jan: your worries about this forum are well founded. So, one purchases the highest quality speaker possible, rips out any "insulation", rewires it with certified "thx" wire and it will sound better! "oh my god" squared!

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6816

Oh, crimeny! "Insulation"!!! And here I thought he'd taken his speakers down to the car stereo/repair shop for an "installation"! I figured the "tupe" came from a barber shop. Boy, did I have this wrong.

I do have a few questions, however. When I click on NSW's name, his personal profile indicates he has $10k invested in his audio system. If he's using these Sony towers as main speakers, what in the heck does he own for the rest of his system that amounts to the other $9, 950? Is $10k possibly an "exageration" done for effect?

NSW's profile also indicates he's 18 years old. Now, more than anything else, at 18 years of age, shouldn't he be able to put together a coherent, readable sentence and know that "tube" is not (repeatedly) spelled with a "p" and "quality" (a word that begins with a "q", which, in English, is normally followed by what letter?) has a "u" in there somewhere? Finally, if you cannot do such simple things at 18, what kind of job does NSW have that allows him to spend $10k on his hifi?

NSW - I guess some folks would place the blame for your inability to communicate effectively in whole sentences and accurate words to be a failure of our education system. What's your take on your inability to catch on?

I hate to be so rude, it goes against the civility I would like to see on this forum; but this is really bothering me.

Bronze Member

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 25
well win i did the profile i included my dads energey system as well sorry bout that not to brag but that did not enclude is pioneer elite and the proxama dx3 thats worth much more then both the reciver and speakers together but my system is no were ner that much mybe 1500 if you enclude my new 360 or mybe higher never thought about it just typed it in with me and my dad and the old keenwood system you could say a alot more then 10 way more and i have somthing to say lol i was just looking at my onkyo owners manual and say that the deult seting was 5m distance of the speakers my room is no were ner that size and the crossover were set at 120 lol fixed that and sounds much better no am still seaking a better reciver though
and jan vigne k** my a** and let me slap you in the face with my c*** a** hole just cuzz i can not spell dose not mean i have a crum job or anything like that you tx a** losser coboy loven dilldo sucking B**** kiss my a*** and walk around me fool and see your A** get dropped thats how we do it in kally

Bronze Member

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 26
o wait i spelled cowboy wrong o am so srry bout that lol what the F*** you gona do get the F*** out my thread and let me see the help that the kind people up here as given me thankyou guys sorry for this A** hole

Anonymous

compelling.......Ain't Amerika grate!

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6820

NSW - So you're saying that it was the education system that failed?

Anonymous

It certainly failed in California! I guess having students take spelling is demeaning to their psyche. You know, the left coast, ebonics, etc.

Can I include my dad's beemer on my financial statement? COOOOOL

Bronze Member

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 27
i do have a diss lexic prob you will find me spell somthing and then about 3 sentances later spell the same word in a hole diffrent way i do wana say am srry for what i said oncalled for but some people can be so nosey was looking for help and got that srry guys

Bronze Member

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 28
and no dip thats how we do it in kally that means that you dont f*** with the west cost i dont care were your from in ca weather you in SD or la or sac and spess SF you dont talk to people like that.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6821

NSW - You have mistaken a serious question for an insult. As I said, I hated to be so rude, but the discrepancies in what I read and what was on the page seemed too great to ignore. We have had several members who have had difficulty typing and putting words in place to communicate an idea. (I myself am having a terrible time getting used to a new pair of bifocals and find letters that I don't remember striking in that particular order being included in my posts.) In the future I would suggest you simply proof read what you have typed and try to make the communication as clear as possible; and, please, do without any of the curse words. None of us are prudes here but that is just common courtesy among a group. When questions are posted in a readable fashion, you are far more likely to get reasonable answers. As is, your posts are very difficult to comprehend and we have to rely on what we assume you meant and not what we saw. Swearing at anyone, for any reason, is not a route that encourages others to assist you.

Bronze Member

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 30
if you read what i said i said i was sorry but that realy was insoulting to me that you would rather start somthing so imature and say stuff about what i type puting me down win all i wanted was a little help and if you dont no what am saying then dont wright i truely am srry but still i think it was very imature to talk about me in that was or anything win all i was asking was a ? and you should be sorry as well

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6826

I've twice apologized for being rude.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 509
Nikolas try writing in Word so it can take care of the spelling. Then read out loud what you have written and cut and paste back into this web site. I will promise your writing will improve.

Bronze Member

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 33
yes i agree i do not take much time into looking at my spelling but i just was a little mad cuzz am getting help on somthing other then my ? this will be the last time i wright this thread

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 730
Nikolas,

We are generally very helpful but you started with an interesting question, which even as relative newbie back in audio, I considered your question and wondered if you were being serious or just pulling our legs?

Consider, you buy a speaker you like. You take it home and immediately decide to start tearing it apart and adding things to it. More reasonable approach, maybe. Try multiple speakers until you find one you like. Take it home and listen to it until you save enough money to buy better speakers that you like even better. Repeat until you reach audio nirvana or run out of money. That's how most of us go about it, except Jan. But that's a whole different story.

So, don't go away mad. You might miss out on learning something. And hey, I grew up in CA and that's not the way they taught me to do.

BTW, grew up in L.A., in a part part of an OK area and was a fairly bad dude but time and a little education heals all, mostly. Although, my wife still thinks I'm a bad dude, but only on special nights. LOL

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 653
POTB Dave

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1329
Boy, he is a bit overzealous isnt he? I think my writing was worse than his 4 months ago.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us