Windows media player instead of cd player

Username: Enrique43

Chicago, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 2
This year I have installed in 2 houses an audio system that consists of a receiver,pc/laptop and 6" recessed ( ceiling or wall ) speakers, part of my job is to download all the cd's into the computer so they use their windows madia player for music selection and teach my clients how to use it. Do you have any sugestions in regards to music software?, anything better than media player ? ( so far I like the results ). Also, if I install a computer network thoughout the house, can I play music form any room of the house that has a pc or lap top ( connected to the router ), do I need special software for that or just simply plug the computer ?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6729

Try this in the "computers" section of the forum. You'll probably find someone interested in the same ideas in that area.

Silver Member
Username: Fps_dean

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 163
I use QCD (Quintessential) player for everything, but as for quality I don't think it's going to make a difference with software too much anyway.

You can get a good sound card. No Creative Labs or any copies or generics...

I replaced a much more expensive Sound Blaster card with a MAudio Audiophile that ran me $100, not even the 192 and the difference in sound quality was pretty drastic. The highs and lows are very muddy on Sound Blaster cards which often run a whole lot more than M-Audios, but they are not on the MAudio. They also have usb and pcmcia models available.

There are other good (and better) cards out there as well, but the M-Audios are cheap.

If you want to try Quintessential player, it is freeware. You can get it at http://www.quinnware.com and what is cool is it's completely skinable and still much faster and less resources than winamp or windows media player. The skin I recommend is MM3. I will give you a link to it because it is a pain to find it. http://www.quinnware.com/downloader.php?skin=83 just run the skin after you install the player. You will see a small button at the top right with a down arrow... click that to go to mini mode, make it always on top and drag it to the top part of your screen so it covers the center of your title bar, and you have a compact player with all the typical controls one would expect in mini mode plus a pull down playlist which is really cool!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us