Sold my speakers once again

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 138
Well ya, sold my fluance package and got a very good "employee" deal on JBL e60's, ec25 and a pair of e10's. I normally wouldn't go with JBL but I got it all for $380 otd. Paired them up with my pioneer elite receiver and the sound is much much much much better than the fluance speakers i previously had. NO more weak center channel and the 2-channel stereo is much cleaner and easier to listen to.

Anyway, I would recommend this setup to anyone looking for a under $1k mark for audio.

Very nice sound, im very pleasantly surprised with it.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3088
Didn't you have Athena F2s before the Fluance setup?

How would you compare the e60s to the F2s? I've heard the e90s and didn't like them much, esp. not compared to the F2s. Maybe the e60s are actually better, as is sometimes the case with smaller speakers in the same model line.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
Ya i had the as-f1's before the fluance setup.

I didnt like the e80's or the e90's at all. But when I listened to the e60's the sound was drastically different to the others. I would say that the e60's sound much better in the midrange but lack alittle bit compared to the athenas for the vocals, not by much though.

I like the e60's much more than the athenas and fluance I previously had.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3100
I had a feeling the Fluance speakers are a bit too good to be true at their prices.

The e60s-90s only have a 3/4" tweeter which seems a bit small considering they're towers. The Pioneer Elite probably goes well with JBLs I'll bet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
Don't get me wrong, the Fluance speakers were nicely built but they are not up to par with the heavier speakers....its like minor league and major league baseball. Minor league player might be good but its still not the majors.

I couldnt really tell if the midrange was getting overworked or not when i played the speakers, everything sounded crisp, relaxed and natural.

Hehehe ya the pioneer DID go well with the JBL's....sold it today for what I paid and ordered the xr-55 from jr.com!!!!

I'm very excited its coming in a tuesday. CC didnt have any in the store for me to listen to and they never carried it in the store for some strange reason.

I can't wait till it comes in...i finally get to see whether or not it lives up to the hype.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3102
Good God, you are truly the audio experimenter aren't you? Wow.

Wouldn't it have been easier just to order the Panny to home demo and ship it back for $15 if you ended up preferring the Pio?

Methinks you might have to turn the xr55's treble way down with the JBLs.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the Panny though.

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 449
what did you dislike about the Athenas. i will soon be getting the f2s. thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
I loved the Athenas through and through, very good speakers for the money. I sold them because I could make money from the sale and wanted to try something new.

hehehe I try to be i guess.

It may have been but I could only order the xr-55 if I sold the elite and used to money to order it, plus I needed some food money too...lol im poor but cautious with my money.

I'll see if the treble needs to be turned down or not, i liked the way the athenas sounded with the Yamaha and that was very bright, so we will see how it sounds when i get it.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1060
Eric,

Please...for the sanity of all of us...please hate the Panny...please, please, please! :-)

regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 523
He he, I'm picturing Frank pushing stick pins into a little plasticene(sp?) box marked with a big 'P' Doh!

Enough of these Panny lovers ever get together, they might be able to have a pick-up hockey game.
Minus 1 goalie.

Geez, don't
let them breed!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3121
...got a little poem just for you Nuck, over in the Receivers section on the Paradigm Cinema thread.

tee-hee!

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 528
Got it Edster, ahhh, you stand #2 behind Muhammad Ali.

Oh Jan and some others might give you the name of some obscure rennisaince rhymer, but I figgur you are up there with Ali.

Really, I do.

Thanks Edster.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3125
Ali for Prez!!!

Wonder who has fewer working brain cells, him or Ge---(politically censored BEEEEEEP)

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1313
Hey now Eddie no talking about the greatest,he was the master at beating someone before the fight even took place,something our U.S Milatary could take notes from,he may not think that well now,but it wasnt many people as quick witted as the champ,maybe you ought to pick George Bush for your joke.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3130
oh I was speaking about him now of course, in his prime Ali was an artist in the ring the likes of which we've yet to see again. Looks like he paid a heavy price for all those headshots he took over the years though.

And actually I already did pick Dubya for my joke, I just censored myself after typing the first 2 letter of his first name since we're not supposed to bring politics into this forum. Especially now that Paul's not around anymore, lol.

There was an amazing documentary about Ali, "When We Were Kings" that covers his legendary fight with Foreman in Zaire and his opposition to the VN war, you should see it if you haven't already.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us