Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 412
Any reviews?
I looked at their pre...

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1268
Pretty good stuff,its from the UK they have been around along time,actually they are pretty hot right now,their are couple of killer reviews in What HiFi and HiFi Choice.Go to the review section at the top of the page and go to amps go straight to the manufacture,and you should be able to dig up something on them.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 426
Once again TAW, gracias.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 123
I heard myrad was formed by former nad engineers ? Anyone else hear anything similar ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1282
No problem Nuck,unbridled id,ive never heard that,i've heard that Nad,Poton and Audiosource were all in conjunction though.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1039
I've only heard Myryad on a couple of occasions. On one occasion I thought they weren't up to much. On the other occasion I was really quite taken with what I heard. The latter occasion was the later occasion. They were using Waterfall speakers with them. I thought the sound very nice indeed, although I didn't have much in the way of benchmarks. If I had to criticize I'd say they were a touch soulless, but I wonder if that wasn't just the venue.

Regards,
Frank (Still looking for a thread which doesn't seem to exist...)

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 455
This was the one Frank.
Thank you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1288
It could have been the Water Falls Frank I heard them paired with some Harbeth SHL 5s,and the system sounded outstanding.I can imagine them sounding souless in the wrong setup,they are pretty genorous with what you mate them with,which is a good thing they kind of remind me of Nad in that regard that they are pretty easy to mate,and them sounding safe like Frank heard the first time he listened to them,most people will take that rather than,a tipped up treble or whooly bottomend or some other obvious coloration.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1045
Ah! Right...you meant the 'Myryad' thread...obviously! :-)

Tawaun, you're right of course. Really and truly, I'd have to listen to them in a venue I knew and with a variety of speakers and cabling combinations to figure out what they were up to. I may have damned with faint praise here actually. What I heard with the Waterfalls was very good indeed, but since this was an unknown environment with unknown material I couldn't give it carte blanche. Looking at the performance clinically, I'd say they were worth a look.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1300
Yeah they have been getting some good reviews as of late,actually I dont remember seing a down right terrible review,which is more than I can say about a lot of amps.Frank that does make huge difference diffferent place,different music,different cabling,maybe its worth taking a second listen Frank,I think I will to,just to learn its characteristics better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us