Sony STR-DE595 ½PROTECT½problem

Username: Lalic

Post Number: 1
Have big problem.When I try to volume up the system i get PROTECT massage on screen.What could that be???

Please help!!

Thank you

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 250
Andy: check all your wiring. Make sure that there is not even a strand of wire between any connectors. If that's not the case... turn off the unit, remove all the wires and redo them, and test, one at a time.

That is, connect only the right front speaker and test, then left front, then so on. Your system could just be overtaxed or too hot.

When does this happen? Immediately or after hours of usage? Also, what kind of speakers do you have? If you have their impedance rating, please provide that too.

Username: Lalic

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your respons.
It happens immediatley. I have quadral qlx-180 HiFi- Laudspeaker max power 200 Watt. Whit impedance rating 4...8 Omega.
If you have any further informations please respond.

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 254
Andy: if your speakers are nominal 4Ohm speakers... that is probably what is causing your system to go into protect. The STR-DE595 just doesn't have the power reserves to handle dips below 4Ohms (which your speakers will do... probably close to 2Ohms).

When did you setup this system? Is it new? Did you just get that Sony?

Unregistered guest
i have sony system hcd-fl5d,in that after couple of miniuts i get msg"power protect"and system hangs,what might be the problem,i couldn't get the diagram also,please anyone can help me for the same?-mayur
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us