Happy Denon 3805 owner.. now which DVD?

Bronze Member
Username: Rcooke

Post Number: 17
Hey guys. hope you can help...

I finally purchased my Denon 3805 and I cant say I have any regrets! Sounds fantastic! Now...

I need to upgrade to a progressive scan
DVD to complete my home cinema system and I wondered if anyone can
offer advice. I hear the new Panasonic DVDS27EBS is good? Any other
suggestions? I dont think I need a recorder as I have TIVO but I havnt
ruled a good recorder out as the picture on my TIVO is not great.

My current setup is:

Denon 3805 Amp
Panasonic THPW6 43 inch Plasma & reciever
KEH KHT 2005.2 speakers...

Thanks

Ralph (UK)

Bronze Member
Username: Dmeister

Post Number: 98
The Denon 2200 would be a good choice, if it's not outside of your price range.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 83
I agree with Darryl. I have a DVD-2200 myself and it's excellent. If it's in the price point you're looking at and since you have a Denon receiver, that would be my choice. But there are lots of good ones out there...I just can't personally speak for them.

Bronze Member
Username: Trailerparkking

Grand Rapids, MI

Post Number: 18
nice spekaer set up Ralph!! :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Rcooke

Post Number: 20
Cheers all - will check out reviews etc!

Username: Ivodano

Post Number: 1
Hi Ralph,

I plan to upgrade my ONKYO TX-DS797 with the Denon 3805. A friend of my is buying my ONKYO. We went out listening to speakers that my friend wants to buy for the ONKYO. We listened to the KEF's you have. They sound really nice with movies. But when you play music on them they just don't do right to your receiver. I suggest to get your self some real speakers very quick ( That is if you can sell that story to your wife or girlfriend. It could be the biggest hurdle on your way to other speakers). Even midsize speakers like the Mission M32 will beat the KEF's by a million miles. Go and listen for yourself. Visit a store that demonstrates the KEF's next to other speakers. You will be amazed by the difference ( and disappointed at the same time for keeping up with the KEF's until then). I hope one day you will enjoy your Denon with speakers other than the small KEF's ( Bigger KEF's would be good as well just not the small ones.) Anyway, enjoy your Home Theatre and thumbs up for the Panny ( I have one myself).

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 404
The Denon 2200 has gotten very good reviews and should be considered along with the Elite dv-45a and the Marantz dv6400. These are the best bargains in mid priced universal players today. By midpriced I mean list price of $700 and under.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 406
Ralph,
I was wondering if you are familair with the Denon 3803 that the 3805 replaced and if so how they compare as I had the 3803 and hated it beyond belief. I hope the 3805 is not as bright and sibilant as the 3803 I had.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 53
Elite Fan, interesting you ask that because I just read a thread on that yesterday. Here is the thread:

www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=193341
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us