Acoustic Energy AELITE Three - Anyone knows ?

Bronze Member
Username: Look4sun

Post Number: 73
Hi guys,

Want to have your guys opinions on this speaker - Acoustic Energy AELITE Three Floorstander.

I search on the internet, but seems it has a rare reviews - only from WHAT HIFI magazine but not too detailed enough.

Anybody could help me :
- experience with these speakers
- or give me a review link on the internet

I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks a lot.

look4sun

Anonymous

I understand that AE no longer has a US distributor which may or may not last too long. That said, I have the Aelite 2s in my HT kit and really like them, very smooth, image well, no harsh high end. I would assume that the 3s are a slight notch better. I replaced nhts with the Aelites and have not regreted my move, for my taste they are a vast improvement. Hope this helps you.

Bronze Member
Username: Look4sun

Post Number: 74
Thanks for your feedback.
I wonder why AE no longer has a US distributor.
Since I heard in near future AE will release new AE mid class (known by Time Linear Speaker series).

Oh yes, I noted the driver cone of the AE Aelite was made of foam - not the rubber surround.
For Anonymous, is it the driver now still okay ? Foam material seem not so superior than the rubber.

Rgds,
look4sun

Bronze Member
Username: Angello

Post Number: 22
anonymous, you have aelite two? Please give me more info about how difficult are to run, wqarm or bright sound, etc...

Anonymous

angello: been reading your posts in re to the rega. I too am looking at a mira. To the point, I use the aelite 2s and the centre with my arcam avr300 in my HT along with a sub. these replaced a complex system involving an expensive processor and 7 power amps; quite frankly the arcam bested the lexicon and the aelites bested some nhts. The aelites are smoother and much less fatiguing, they throw a decent soundstage with decent depth. They are also very dynamic. The LCR integrate extremely well to a point that one cannot "locate" the center channel. Highly reccomended from this listener.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
aha thanks anon. So aelite are an easy load as you say. just wonder if aelite two are good partner for bright amp? I will audtion them with acoustic energy evo 3 and kef iq3 and dynaudio 42 in near future. There aren't acually any review of them in the net which is interesting (acually I am not serious ''hifi magazine review believer'', I have in mind costumer reviews on forums, and others www pages).
For an amp I really think you look at rega brio. You
may save some budget on brio.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
and also, do you think that in small room aelite 2 don't work well?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
look4sun check out triangle site! Go to press then kiosk and then click review of triangle comete. It's pdf format of review and lab report of some brands ecluding aelite 3.

Anonymous

I would think that the 2 would work much better than the 3 in a smaller room. Adding a powered sub would greatly facilitate bass management, not to mention depth. I'd fear that the 3s may be hard to control if not set properly or if not provided ample room.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 412
Angello, also consider Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s if u have a small listening area. These have garnered praise from What HiFI (British) and US magazines alike, I think u will be pleasantly suprised for the sound/cost ratio of these gems. I have the Wharfedale Diamond 8.3s and 8.1s (predecessor to the 9 series) and they are neutral to slightly warm plus the looks of them are better than a prostitute in church on Sunday! :-)

The Joker
Unregistered guest
Seeing a prostitute was mentioned:

A beautiful prostitute entered Father O'Shea's church one Sunday morning, all eyes turned in her direction and priest, taken aback for a moment, thought he recognized her. He said to his alter boy, "Sean, see that lady sitting down on the front pew in that wee short skirt?"

"Yes Father I certainly do," replied the lad as the woman crossed her long model-like legs revealing an ample view of her thigh.

"Well," said the priest, "is that Fanny Green?"

"Oh I'm not sure Father," the boy replied, "it could be the way the sunlight is coming through the stained glass window."

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 346
Jan, the funny guy?

Unregistered guest
This may be a bit late. I am looking into upgrading my AE's as well...to better AE's. I have the Aesprit 300's and I really enjoy them. Non fatiging, well dispersed sound, but clean. Paired with a good sub, I think they are one of the better bookshelves at thier price. So I like AE, and am looking to find a place to do some more auditioning. Will update you once I find teh Aelite two's

Anonymous

I have both the 300 and the aelite 2. I now use the 300s in the rear of my HT and the 2s as LR along with the alite ctr. It is absolutely seamless across the front of my HT, the first time that I have been able to accomplish such. IMHO the aelite is the superior speaker, may not be for you however.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us