Replacement woofer for Mission 770 Freedom

PK Casey
The 8" driver in one of my Mission 770 Freedoms seems to be shot-it distorts at low freq. So, I want to replace it. Any ideas about brands etc? I wouldn't mind replacing both if anyone can suggest a better driver to use with existing cross-overs.

I wish someone would suggest a better Bass driver as my MISSION 783's 8" bass drivers also seem to be distorting...hmm

Anonymous
Did you inspect the driver's surround for deterioration? I saw a replacement surround kit that costs about $30 for two speakers. I your are coordinated and this is your problem then I would sugest going this route.

Uless you have money burning a hole in your pockets of course.

Hey, If you manage to find a company (anywhere in the world) who provides tweeters etc for this speaker please let me know! Thanks, D

Roger Crunden
I've replaced my 770 Freedom speakers twice and obtained the woofer from Mission - They used this unit in another speaker and so were still suppying it at least up to a few years ago?

Roger Crunden
I've replaced my 770 Freedom speakers twice and obtained the woofer from Mission - They used this unit in another speaker and so were still suppying it at least up to a few years ago?
If you have distortion it's probably the result of using amplifiers of insufficient power.
To provide that extra oompf add a separate sub woofer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us