Wharfedale 9.5

Username: Sammygeorge

Post Number: 8
Hey guys do you feel that Wharfedale 9.5 pairs up well with NAD 352?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 578
Well I have the 9.6 with 2 C272's and I love them but speakers are very personal and you should demo before buying. I like a soft non-agressive sound that NAD and Whafedale offer.

Username: Bcollins

Rockport, MA United States

Post Number: 3
Hello Danman,
I have C272 & C162 and need advice on speakers. How do B&W 704 and Paradigm Studio 60 compare to Wharfdale 9.5? Are there any others you would recommend looking at? Small room (10X15) at moderate volumes.Thank you,
Bill

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1190
The Epos M12.2 they are perfect for a smaller room or a large room.I have the 9.5s but I only use them for home theater,but they are very good Id say the 704 by a little bit over the Studios and the Diamonds,I like all 3 but its hard to beat the Diamond 9.5s for the money they firmly compete with bothe of those speakers and they both cost twice as much,thats just a testament to the Wharfedale design team and their nicenest for offering such a good product for that cheap.

Username: Bcollins

Rockport, MA United States

Post Number: 7
Thank you for the feedback Tawaun. What's your opinion of Kef Q7 compared to those you mentioned? I plan to go listen to them tomorrow based on Sun Kings helpful advise. Have you listened to them?
Bill

Gold Member

Post Number: 1206
Well the new iQs are getting tons of awards over in Europe,a friend of mine at a dealer just got them a couple of weeks ago,they should be broken in now ,so I'll go take a listen to them this week.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 583
Thank you for responding Tawaun as I am not familiar with the models Bill mentioned except for the B&W which is very good.

My best advice is to audition because I am sure that what I like may not be what you like but if you can't, I would say that the new Diamonds are very good for the money and how Wharfedale pulled ths off is quite a feat! Foe those of you that are sceptic, go have a listen.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2169
I would disagree with TW about the B&W vs the Studio 60v3. I believe that the Studio 60 is considerably better than the B&W. The Musique Gourmet which is a music store in my area uses both on loan from an audio store next door and Don (the proprietor of the Musique Gourmet) can't wait until they remove the B&W's and put back the Paradigms. To put it into perspective Don has 2 audio systems at home both of which have a value in excess of 50k. He's a bit picky about his audio. Having listened to them both in his shop and next door at the audio store (and elsewhere) I lean toward the Paradigms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1207
Well Art it depends on what you listening for the only thing the 60s clearly do better than the 704s is low bass punch,from the upper bass on up the 704s are better,not by much,but that not by much is what determines a champion.One thing most British speakers at the same price points and a lot of times for less is midrange purity,this is where you are paying the etra $600 at for the 704s,they soundly trounce the studio 60 and the 100 in that department.Art I know you are a bit biased truth is truth and just because some guy with a $50k system says doesent mean its true,I have a few $50k customers and I wouldnt own their systems if it was substantialbly less,so I dont see where thats putting it in prospective.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us