Speaker Decisions

Username: Elric6666

Post Number: 4
Hi All,

I am putting together a new surround system. I need to stay low profile (In-wall or on-wall). My receiver is the Harmon Kardon AVR 7300. I went to Harvey's and listened to the Martin Logan Fresco. They were the best sounding low profile (in wall or on wall) I had heard. I am guessing they should power well with my AVR. I would buy three as L,C,R. I would still need rear fill for HT only.

Music type is Techno/Alternative. TV (Plasma),DSS is HD HT.

Receiver stats:
Stereo Mode Continuous Average Power (FTC) per Channel : 125 Watts per channel @ <0.07% THD, 20Hz -- 20kHz, both channels driven into 8 ohms

Seven-Channel Surround Modes, Power per Individual Channel : Front L & R Channels : 110 Watts per channel @ <0.07% THD, 20Hz -- 20kHz into 8 ohms \

Center Channel : 110 Watts @ <0.07% THD, 20Hz -- 20kHz into 8 ohms

High Instantaneous Current Capability (HCC) : ±75 Amps Input Sensitivity/Impedance Linear (High-Level) : 200mV/47k ohms
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (IHF-A) : 100dB
Frequency Response at 1W (+0dB, --3dB) : 10Hz -- 100kHz

Question is - is there another low profile speaker that can deliver as good or similar response for less? If not, I will buy the Logans and call it a day.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6002

Call it a day.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 571
YUP!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 933
Have a listen to M&K's Xenon system. It's an awesome sound from very small satellites and compact sub (preferably the MX700). You get a full frequency response right down to 20hz and up to 35khz. Brilliant package, if not cheap.

I'm going to buy one as soon as I have the readies...

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Elric6666

Post Number: 5
I went and listened to a few more setups today. The only in-wall or on-wall speaker that was close (IMHO) was the Triad in-wall. The Triad, however, was $3,000 per speaker vs $1,000 for the Logan Fresco. Sounds like Jan and Danman are down with the speakers. Also a note, I heard a complete 7.1 in-wall Boston Acc system and was not impressed - no comparison for a similar price. I will have a listen to the M&K though. Thanks for everyone's help!

One more thought, I have found the Fresco on-line for $630 from an outlet dealer. Is it ok to buy on-line or am I better off buying from Harvey's?

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 151
JJ... depends how important a warranty is to you... go here and click on the red warning in the middle of the page:
http://www.martinlogan.com/cgi-bin/dealer_locator.pl
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us