Help with Rotel RB-970BX

Username: Movino

Post Number: 1
I was recently given two Rotel RB-970bx amps, both were run in bridged mono mode for many years. Neither seem to be able to switch to stereo mode. I have switched the Bridged/ stereo switch with no change. Both seem to have the same problem on the right channel, with no output, one even seeming to arc and blowing out a speaker. Hopefully someone will be able to give some general info for a quick fix or some idea of what is happening.
Thank you in advance

Dan

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 416
hmmm... i only know what bridging is... i've never seen it done or read any step by step guides.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 134
If you switched the bridge/mono with speakers in mono configuration(ya think) you blew the whole crap.
Did you turn the volume up, too?

Sorry I just had to. Did that when I was a kid.

Post Number: 2
Wow, quite a post (dumb kid) but quite a post. No sorry to burst your bubble, but I sold great audio for too many years for a move like that. I took them out of bridged as my post states and they are not working in stereo. The left channel is working fine on both amps though. Anyone who actually knows about repairing Rotel that might help?

Anonymous

Um, you know that you have to change the alignement of the cables to.. right? lol....

Post Number: 3
Wow very bold Anonymous, at least it is nice to know that there are mostly morons that post here. Guess I should have expected it but hey, you never know when someone will actually have the smarts enough to know what they are talking about. I guess it is mostly the underachivers that post useless info.
Bye losers

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 164
call rotel, you prik

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 693
Dan,
Welcome to the underacheivers club. You obviously fit in because anyone with half a brain would have contacted Rotel from the start.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us