WOW got the system hooked up.

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 394
I finally got to hear my long awaited system today (at least for music anyway). i only have the Athena center and two Athena AS-B1's for now.
well i never could have imagined the clarity of these speakers, it sounds like the sound is coming from feet behind the speaker, and in amazing detail too. I do have to admit the bass is pretty sad though, there is hardly any and what does come through sounds "windy." is this normal, besides the bass-which doesnt matter becsause i will eventually get some floorstanders and an HSU sub-these speakers are wonderful.. thanks a bunch everyone- i actually do hear new sounds in all my chill trance songs.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2308
Yes, the B-1s are not bass monsters, that's why God gave us subwoofers.

What you can do in the meantime though is move the speakers closer to the back wall to get more bass out of them since they are rear-ported.

Also with the Panny you can fiddle with the tone settings without really screwing up the soundstage unlike most receivers: try something like -2 for treble and +4 for bass with these speakers.

Enjoy!

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 406
god didn't give us subwoofers. you'll never see a subwoofer in the wild.

the only woofers and tweeters god gave us are dogs and birds.

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 407
"if man were meant to fly... he would have been born with wings"

Gold Member

Post Number: 2324
> you'll never see a subwoofer in the wild.

You haven't seen my living room. Qualifies as "the wild" most days...lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
My girlfriend is against me getting a subwoofer. im sure you all can relate. i was originally looking a the AS-F1's as fronts, but do you guys think the AS-F2's would give me a good amound of bass so a sub isnt required? or should i just treat myself to an hsu and deal with the harassment. As long as i get my bass!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2337
hmm, that's a hard call. Depends on how cute your girlfriend is.

: )

Seriously, though, if you are into big budget action flicks the Hsu would be worth the consequences, hell even if that includes a couple of weeks with Rosie and her five sisters.

Bronze Member
Username: Mojoracer

Post Number: 15
Palmela Handerson, do it!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 396
Hsu it is. maybe the bass will scare her closer to me-or out of her pants as the cliche says--get the subs $$ worth first night hehe.(ill rent texas chainsaw). reverse psychology

Gold Member

Post Number: 2344
Plus if she's really cute and willing, you could always hide the sub in a corner under an end table or something...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us